Why everyone should pay a fair share of taxes (including corporations) and why we need comprehensive tax reform:
Playboy Interview: Paul Krugman : Playboy.com: PLAYBOY: "Companies can’t be successful in this country without the roads, the bridges, the educational system—all the things that government builds for them."
KRUGMAN: "Even some very wealthy people, like Warren Buffett, are more or less saying that. Bill Gates Sr. used to say this: Suppose you were given the choice of being born in America or in Ethiopia. What proportion of your eventual fortune would you be willing to give to be born in America? Given the great good fortune of getting to live and run a business in this country that has all the advantages an advanced country with a decent system provides, how can you think it’s all you? And then, how can you feel you don’t have any obligation to pay it back?"
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- How to Remove Your Google and YouTube Search Histo...
- Romney Rolls - "Super Tuesday" Next Week
- To Die like a Doctor: a Graceful Death
- GOP: a Cup of Crazy
- Ed Koch: 'Santorum is nuts'
- Federal money driving up the cost of college for s...
- The Greek Sustainability Report and Reaction & Ana...
- Eurozone: dead end zone?
- Ann Coulter takes Republicans to the woodshed
- Romney's right: Spending cuts, without pro-growth ...
- For Republicans, it's "self-destruct" time
- Greece: a return to the drachma?
- Germany's plan for Greece to leave the euro
- Why even corporate loopholes have to go
- 2012: The election is over - Obama won!
- Vote for Santorum and elect Obama!
- Greek Drama
- Greece: the euro has always been a flawed currency
- Living in an Age of Digital Espionage
- Greece faces death by a thousand cuts
- Privacy: Something Lost, Nothing Gained?
- Greek lawmakers approve austerity bill as Athens b...
- Iowa’s joke on all of us
- Obama's biggest vulnerability is not Obamacare
- Greek Default is not End of the World
- Obama’s greatest vulnerability as a leader
- Romney and Tax Policy: hardly bold enough
- Romney needs to get serious and credible
- Punk Economics: Lesson 1 [video]
- "That’s what people elected you to do"
- Caveat Romney: Obama Campaign on Lookout
- Romney Country
- Nevada: different state, same issues, same winner
- More on the Obama "Fudge" Jobs Report
- The "Obama Fudge Jobs Report"
- January jobs report--"Washington Fudge"
- Why the Early U.S. Didn't Go the Way of the Eurozone
- Eurozone: Reality Check
- Florida picks a winner: Mitt Romney
- ▼ February (39)