Despite the efforts of the Obama Democrats' organized campaign to turn out and vote for Santorum in Michigan, Romney rolled to victory last night in Michigan and overwhelmingly won in Arizona. According to the exit polls of CNN, Santorum would have received less than 33% the Michigan vote without the "help" of the Obama Democrats voting for him. Romney received 41% of the Michigan vote. It's now obvious that Romney is determined to "slug it out" and has the money and organization to run a 50-states campaign--something that neither Santorum, Gingrich, nor Paul can do. This is not good news for the crazy wingnuts, Rush Limbaughs, etc., in the GOP. But it is good news for the educated, thinking, moderate, rational, and reasonable voters, AND good news for the USA as a Romney nomination will give Obama a "competitive" campaign instead of the landslide Obama would enjoy with Santorum, Gingrich, or Paul as the GOP nominee.
Finally, last night again showed that Romney's key strength is among women voters. Women are giving Romney the decisive edge in every state he wins. Michigan vote by gender according to CNN exit polls:
Men: Romney 39% Santorum 38%
Women: Romney 43% Santorum 38%
Next week, "Super Tuesday"--GOP primaries in Georgia, Massachusetts, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Vermont, and Virginia; plus GOP caucuses in Alaska, Idaho, and North Dakota.
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- How to Remove Your Google and YouTube Search Histo...
- Romney Rolls - "Super Tuesday" Next Week
- To Die like a Doctor: a Graceful Death
- GOP: a Cup of Crazy
- Ed Koch: 'Santorum is nuts'
- Federal money driving up the cost of college for s...
- The Greek Sustainability Report and Reaction & Ana...
- Eurozone: dead end zone?
- Ann Coulter takes Republicans to the woodshed
- Romney's right: Spending cuts, without pro-growth ...
- For Republicans, it's "self-destruct" time
- Greece: a return to the drachma?
- Germany's plan for Greece to leave the euro
- Why even corporate loopholes have to go
- 2012: The election is over - Obama won!
- Vote for Santorum and elect Obama!
- Greek Drama
- Greece: the euro has always been a flawed currency
- Living in an Age of Digital Espionage
- Greece faces death by a thousand cuts
- Privacy: Something Lost, Nothing Gained?
- Greek lawmakers approve austerity bill as Athens b...
- Iowa’s joke on all of us
- Obama's biggest vulnerability is not Obamacare
- Greek Default is not End of the World
- Obama’s greatest vulnerability as a leader
- Romney and Tax Policy: hardly bold enough
- Romney needs to get serious and credible
- Punk Economics: Lesson 1 [video]
- "That’s what people elected you to do"
- Caveat Romney: Obama Campaign on Lookout
- Romney Country
- Nevada: different state, same issues, same winner
- More on the Obama "Fudge" Jobs Report
- The "Obama Fudge Jobs Report"
- January jobs report--"Washington Fudge"
- Why the Early U.S. Didn't Go the Way of the Eurozone
- Eurozone: Reality Check
- Florida picks a winner: Mitt Romney
- ▼ February (39)