I've already written about how both Obama and Romney are doing the most damage to themselves, not each other, so I won't repeat it again. However it is becoming increasingly clear that Romney is failing--not because of anything Obama or his ineffective campaign is doing, but because Romney is NOT getting "real"--
Romney tax plan on table. Debt collapses table-Ezra Klein: "I can describe Mitt Romney’s tax policy promises in two words: mathematically impossible. Those aren’t my words. They’re the words of the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, which has conducted the most comprehensive analysis to date of Romney’s tax plan and which bent over backward to make his promises add up. They’re perhaps the two most important words that have been written during this U.S. presidential election. If you were to distill the presumptive Republican nominee’s campaign to a few sentences, you could hardly do better than this statement of purpose from the speech Romney delivered in Detroit, outlining his plan for the economy: “I believe the American people are ready for real leadership. I believe they deserve a bold, conservative plan for reform and economic growth. Unlike President Obama, I actually have one — and I’m not afraid to put it on the table.” The truth is that Romney is afraid to put his plan on the table. . . . "
Theses On Taxes - Krugman - NYTimes.com: "Neither candidate is offering a realistic tax plan, because the fact is that the federal government is going to need more revenue than either is currently proposing. But the two men are not equivalent in their unrealism: Obama is proposing to raise revenue by around $80 billion a year compared with current policy, while Romney is proposing to cut revenue by around $450 billion a year compared with current policy. Obama is inadequate; Romney is intensely, screamingly irresponsible."
Dooh Nibor -Krugman - NYTimes.com: "even on the most favorable assumption, the Romney plan would give the rich big tax cuts on net – which means that to be revenue-neutral, it must raise taxes on Americans making less than $200,000 a year. So they’re actually giving Romney every possible benefit of the doubt – and still his plan is a redistribution from the middle class to the rich. "
One is left to ask: "Does Romney think we're stupid?" OR "Is Romney stupid?"
Remember what Romney said about Obama?--
Romney: 'It's still about the economy, and we're not stupid' - Los Angeles Times: "“Four years ago, Barack Obama dazzled us in front of Greek columns with sweeping promises of hope and change,” Romney said. “But after we came down to earth, after all the celebration and the parades, what do we have to show for three and a half years of President Obama? It’s still about the economy, and we’re not stupid. . . ”"
Okay, it is all about the economy--and what we need is comprehensive tax and entitlement reforms--and we need a transformational leader. Obama claimed to be a transformational leader 4 years ago and has been a big disappointment. Romney? He better stop "dissing" us and get real honest, real fast--otherwise the electorate will figure out the best approach is to re-elect Obama and keep at least one house of Congress in Republican hands.
It seems Romney is afraid to exercise leadership. He needs Condi Rice as his VP--she's better qualified to be President than either Obama or Romney (and if Romney picks either Portman or Pawlenty I think I'll puke)--and he needs to start listening to people who know what they are talking about. I have NO confidence in Romney's campaign staff--they appear to be clueless losers (of course I have NO confidence in Obama or his campaign staff either). The difference between Romney and Obama is that Romney is the challenger. Unless he demonstrates he's a better alternative, people will go with the guy they know.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Contextual software or clueless software
- Blue States and Red States
- Fmr. Sec. of State Condoleezza Rice Speaks at RNC ...
- Goldman Sachs and the Sale Gone Horribly Awry
- Apple v Samsung - Who Really Won?
- Multimillionaire Obama
- EA v Zynga - is this the end for Zynga?
- Presidential TV ad spending focused on 9 states
- Apple v Samsung - a broken legal system - a defect...
- The "New" Montauk
- White House Press Corps Goes Seven Weeks Without a...
- Gawker looking stupid with its worthless 'Bain files'
- "quote approval" - How Washington Controls the Media
- Who is Mitt Romney? (video)
- Digital Media--old media just doesn't get it
- Is this the way Obama really talks?
- Passenger trains from Miami to Orlando - without O...
- Zuckerberg always said Facebook wasn't about makin...
- Law and Order Mississippi-style
- Lost Respect for Obama yet?
- London 2012 Olympics: NBC Clueless to the End
- Porn copyright trolls, pirates, AT&T and Comcast
- Back to School advice re: Tablets, PCs, iPads, Not...
- Silicon Valley and Obama's Solyndra
- Why are Obama Google+ posts appearing as news stor...
- Ryan v. Obama (video)
- Deficit Spending - Bush v Obama
- Facebook users beware: Facial Recognition Tech
- Obama Press Secretary Marries ABC Campaign Reporter
- Is there something wrong with Romney's advisors?
- Freedom of Speech and "Chicago Values"
- The True Jobs Report (not so good)
- Curiosity lands on Mars--Success!!
- "We're Not Stupid" - words that may haunt Mitt Romney
- Knight Shows How to Lose $440 Million in 30 Minutes
- The Cult of Equity is Dying--Bill Gross of Pimco (...
- London--the City within a City
- McCain "bitchslaps" Cheney for saying picking Pali...
- ▼ August (38)