When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Who is Mitt Romney? (video)
Local man bought house from Romney: "Who is Mitt Romney? Some pundits and political opponents have called him aloof, out-of-touch, elite. Back in 2009, Mitt Romney sold his house in Park City, Utah to a retiree from Florida. "We went to the house. There was no brokers or anyone involved, just Mitt," said Hal Prewitt, who maintains an office in Boca Raton and lives in Miami Beach. Last week, Prewitt put his one-on-one experience with "Mitt" on paper, and started circulating the three-page piece on the Internet. He says it has already been downloaded nearly 100-thousand times. He was motivated by what he calls an unfair, media-generated caricature of Mitt Romney as a "country club Republican." "Instead of hiring a moving company to move, and have a bunch of workers, he went to the local home depot, and bought wood and built containers to move his contents," said Prewitt. Prewitt acknowledges that Romney, who some estimate is worth nearly $250 million, has often struggled to show the side of his personality that rents his own U-Haul. "He got in the truck and drove it to California, completely outside the perspective of most Americans," said Prewitt. . . . "
Prewitt's paper here (pdf): http://www.prewitt.net/MittRomneyInsite2012-08-16.pdf
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Contextual software or clueless software
- Blue States and Red States
- Fmr. Sec. of State Condoleezza Rice Speaks at RNC ...
- Goldman Sachs and the Sale Gone Horribly Awry
- Apple v Samsung - Who Really Won?
- Multimillionaire Obama
- EA v Zynga - is this the end for Zynga?
- Presidential TV ad spending focused on 9 states
- Apple v Samsung - a broken legal system - a defect...
- The "New" Montauk
- White House Press Corps Goes Seven Weeks Without a...
- Gawker looking stupid with its worthless 'Bain files'
- "quote approval" - How Washington Controls the Media
- Who is Mitt Romney? (video)
- Digital Media--old media just doesn't get it
- Is this the way Obama really talks?
- Passenger trains from Miami to Orlando - without O...
- Zuckerberg always said Facebook wasn't about makin...
- Law and Order Mississippi-style
- Lost Respect for Obama yet?
- London 2012 Olympics: NBC Clueless to the End
- Porn copyright trolls, pirates, AT&T and Comcast
- Back to School advice re: Tablets, PCs, iPads, Not...
- Silicon Valley and Obama's Solyndra
- Why are Obama Google+ posts appearing as news stor...
- Ryan v. Obama (video)
- Deficit Spending - Bush v Obama
- Facebook users beware: Facial Recognition Tech
- Obama Press Secretary Marries ABC Campaign Reporter
- Is there something wrong with Romney's advisors?
- Freedom of Speech and "Chicago Values"
- The True Jobs Report (not so good)
- Curiosity lands on Mars--Success!!
- "We're Not Stupid" - words that may haunt Mitt Romney
- Knight Shows How to Lose $440 Million in 30 Minutes
- The Cult of Equity is Dying--Bill Gross of Pimco (...
- London--the City within a City
- McCain "bitchslaps" Cheney for saying picking Pali...
- ▼ August (38)