When the Democrats took over Congress in Jan 2007, after 12 years of prosperity, unemployment was at 4%, the DJIA was at a record high, we had had 54 straight months of economic growth and a boom housing market.
The recession and mortgage meltdown started in late 2007, almost a year after the Democrat Congress took power. Their predecessor Republican Congress had 4 budget surplus years, and left in 2006, with the DJIA at a record high, unemployment under 4%, moderate deficits, and 52 straight months of economic growth.
Bush -- 2001 $127.3 Billion Surplus
Bush -- 2002 $157.8 Billion Deficit
Bush -- 2003 $374 Billion Deficit
Bush -- 2004 $413 Billion Deficit
Bush -- 2005 $319 Billion Deficit
Bush -- 2006 $248 Billion Deficit
Bush -- 2007 $162 Billion Deficit
Bush -- 2008 $455 Billion Deficit
Obama - 2009 $1.416 Trillion Deficit
Obama - 2010 $1.294 Trillion Deficit
Obama - 2011 $1.299 Trillion Deficit
Obama - 2012 $1.330 Trillion Deficit
8 years of Bush: total net deficit--$2 trillion dollars
4 years of Obama: total net deficit--$5.3 trillion dollars
At this rate, Obama (if re-elected) will accumulate a total deficit in excess of $10 trillion dollars in 8 years!
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Friday, August 10, 2012
Deficit Spending - Bush v Obama
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Contextual software or clueless software
- Blue States and Red States
- Fmr. Sec. of State Condoleezza Rice Speaks at RNC ...
- Goldman Sachs and the Sale Gone Horribly Awry
- Apple v Samsung - Who Really Won?
- Multimillionaire Obama
- EA v Zynga - is this the end for Zynga?
- Presidential TV ad spending focused on 9 states
- Apple v Samsung - a broken legal system - a defect...
- The "New" Montauk
- White House Press Corps Goes Seven Weeks Without a...
- Gawker looking stupid with its worthless 'Bain files'
- "quote approval" - How Washington Controls the Media
- Who is Mitt Romney? (video)
- Digital Media--old media just doesn't get it
- Is this the way Obama really talks?
- Passenger trains from Miami to Orlando - without O...
- Zuckerberg always said Facebook wasn't about makin...
- Law and Order Mississippi-style
- Lost Respect for Obama yet?
- London 2012 Olympics: NBC Clueless to the End
- Porn copyright trolls, pirates, AT&T and Comcast
- Back to School advice re: Tablets, PCs, iPads, Not...
- Silicon Valley and Obama's Solyndra
- Why are Obama Google+ posts appearing as news stor...
- Ryan v. Obama (video)
- Deficit Spending - Bush v Obama
- Facebook users beware: Facial Recognition Tech
- Obama Press Secretary Marries ABC Campaign Reporter
- Is there something wrong with Romney's advisors?
- Freedom of Speech and "Chicago Values"
- The True Jobs Report (not so good)
- Curiosity lands on Mars--Success!!
- "We're Not Stupid" - words that may haunt Mitt Romney
- Knight Shows How to Lose $440 Million in 30 Minutes
- The Cult of Equity is Dying--Bill Gross of Pimco (...
- London--the City within a City
- McCain "bitchslaps" Cheney for saying picking Pali...
- ▼ August (38)