Some people just don't like "change"--
Readers Share Their Thoughts On The "New" Montauk - Open Threads - Curbed Hamptons:
"Few people smile and say hello anymore. Crossing the street is dangerous and not everyone slows or stops. Trash is everywhere. For God's sake people, . . . toss your butts and trash into a proper receptacle. Like maybe your silly hats (sorry, could not pass on that one). There is more litter on the beach, left by disrespectful visitors (OK, and MAYBE locals but I have NEVER seen that happen.)"
"This new breed of city dwellers that are coming out here are rude, self important, and disrespectful to the people who live in Montauk as well as to our beautiful natural surroundings. I have never in my entire life (which has been spent on the east end) seen this many people in Montauk, been scared to walk my dogs on the street because of cars traveling 60 on my little 25mph street, or seen so much litter on the ground everywhere I go. Obviously there is nothing to do to stop these people from coming here but I wish there were some mandatory manners classes offered to them before they were turned loose on our streets."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Contextual software or clueless software
- Blue States and Red States
- Fmr. Sec. of State Condoleezza Rice Speaks at RNC ...
- Goldman Sachs and the Sale Gone Horribly Awry
- Apple v Samsung - Who Really Won?
- Multimillionaire Obama
- EA v Zynga - is this the end for Zynga?
- Presidential TV ad spending focused on 9 states
- Apple v Samsung - a broken legal system - a defect...
- The "New" Montauk
- White House Press Corps Goes Seven Weeks Without a...
- Gawker looking stupid with its worthless 'Bain files'
- "quote approval" - How Washington Controls the Media
- Who is Mitt Romney? (video)
- Digital Media--old media just doesn't get it
- Is this the way Obama really talks?
- Passenger trains from Miami to Orlando - without O...
- Zuckerberg always said Facebook wasn't about makin...
- Law and Order Mississippi-style
- Lost Respect for Obama yet?
- London 2012 Olympics: NBC Clueless to the End
- Porn copyright trolls, pirates, AT&T and Comcast
- Back to School advice re: Tablets, PCs, iPads, Not...
- Silicon Valley and Obama's Solyndra
- Why are Obama Google+ posts appearing as news stor...
- Ryan v. Obama (video)
- Deficit Spending - Bush v Obama
- Facebook users beware: Facial Recognition Tech
- Obama Press Secretary Marries ABC Campaign Reporter
- Is there something wrong with Romney's advisors?
- Freedom of Speech and "Chicago Values"
- The True Jobs Report (not so good)
- Curiosity lands on Mars--Success!!
- "We're Not Stupid" - words that may haunt Mitt Romney
- Knight Shows How to Lose $440 Million in 30 Minutes
- The Cult of Equity is Dying--Bill Gross of Pimco (...
- London--the City within a City
- McCain "bitchslaps" Cheney for saying picking Pali...
- ▼ August (38)