OK--this ranks up there with Obama's "the private sector is doing fine" remark a few weeks ago--
PICKET:(VIDEO) Obama: 'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen' - Washington Times.
That's right--no personal initiative, no sacrificing, no hard work needed to succeed in business--"somebody else made that happen." And who's that somebody else? Why the government of course:
Obama: "The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet." (Washington Times)
But didn't Al Gore invent the internet? (LOL)
Seriously, neither Al Gore (who said "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet") nor "the government" can take sole credit for "creating the internet." The internet, as we know it today, developed over time from a lot of different sources. Obama should know better--and if he doesn't, he can read this article on Wikipedia which will educate him so he can stop misinforming the public. On thing is indisputable, the internet didn't "take off" until government "got out of the way"--History of the Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "The Internet was commercialized in 1995 when NSFNET was decommissioned, removing the last restrictions on the use of the Internet to carry commercial traffic."
As far as Obama's position that "If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen"--no wonder the public is so misinformed, even the President is ignorant.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Monday, July 16, 2012
Obama: 'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen'
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- America Not the Greatest Country Any Longer? (video)
- Google Moves Motorola Mobility to Chicago
- Election 2012 -- all bets are off
- Barney Frank vs. Maria Bartiromo on CNBC, July 26th
- Copyright Trolls and Counter-suits
- Meet the Internet Association
- SkyDrive account suspensions
- Penn State: what's next?
- Marissa and Yahoo--it was meant to be
- Big-time College Sports--a sick culture
- IMF predicts slower economic growth for world (video)
- The "creative pause"
- London -- World Class City (video)
- London - Economist Special Report
- Yahoo Appoints Marissa Mayer CEO
- Obama: 'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t bui...
- Designing 007: Fifty Years of Bond Style
- Obama Running A Very Ugly Campaign
- Japan - the 'Mother of All Bubbles'
- Anti-foreclosure Laws and Unintended Consequences
- BlackBerry’s Latest Delay Could Lead to Lawsuits
- A Tale of Three Nations: Ireland, Estonia, Iceland
- UN Law of the Sea Treaty - a "must do"
- Don't tell Ireland and Greece, but Iceland is doin...
- The economy? Slippin' and Slidin'
- Apple Gets Sued Again in China
- Google has always been a "hardware maker"
- Declaration of Internet Freedom
- BIS Annual Report 2011/2012 -- a "must read"
- Paul Krugman's Follies?
- China: Garbage In; Garbage Out
- I have something he will never have
- ▼ July (32)