Video: IMF predicts slower economic growth for world - Telegraph: " . . . The IMF also warned that the US could fall back into a recession next year if Congress does not deal with the fiscal crisis. Several large tax cuts are set to expire at the end of the year and big spending cuts are scheduled to kick in at the same time. Those changes, referred to as the 'fiscal cliff' could cause the US economy to stall next year, the report said. Mr Blanchard said failure to deal with these issues could cut up to 4 percentage points off US growth in 2013. It would also reduce growth in other advanced economies – principally Europe, Canada and Japan – by 1.5 percentage points. "If it were to happen, it would be a major, major event," Mr Blanchard said. Last August, a battle between the Obama administration and Congress over raising the limit was not resolved until the US almost defaulted on its debt. . . "
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- America Not the Greatest Country Any Longer? (vide...
- Google Moves Motorola Mobility to Chicago
- Election 2012 -- all bets are off
- Barney Frank vs. Maria Bartiromo on CNBC, July 26t...
- Copyright Trolls and Counter-suits
- Meet the Internet Association
- SkyDrive account suspensions
- Penn State: what's next?
- Marissa and Yahoo--it was meant to be
- Big-time College Sports--a sick culture
- IMF predicts slower economic growth for world (vid...
- The "creative pause"
- London -- World Class City (video)
- London - Economist Special Report
- Yahoo Appoints Marissa Mayer CEO
- Obama: 'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t bui...
- Designing 007: Fifty Years of Bond Style
- Obama Running A Very Ugly Campaign
- Japan - the 'Mother of All Bubbles'
- Anti-foreclosure Laws and Unintended Consequences
- BlackBerry’s Latest Delay Could Lead to Lawsuits
- A Tale of Three Nations: Ireland, Estonia, Iceland...
- UN Law of the Sea Treaty - a "must do"
- Don't tell Ireland and Greece, but Iceland is doin...
- The economy? Slippin' and Slidin'
- Apple Gets Sued Again in China
- Google has always been a "hardware maker"
- Declaration of Internet Freedom
- BIS Annual Report 2011/2012 -- a "must read"
- Paul Krugman's Follies?
- China: Garbage In; Garbage Out
- I have something he will never have
- ▼ July (32)