Internet Freedom gets a boost--
Meet the Internet Association: "Details are sparse and hard to come by, but the news is out that an organization called the Internet Association (IA) is being built. According to Reuters, companies backing it include Amazon, Google, eBay, Facebook, and “other big Internet [firms].”
That’s a running roster of Internet heavyweights, making the Internet Association, once it launches, the effective face of digital companies. The IA will therefore be the voice of technology firms on issues concerning the Internet. This will provide a more unified front, response, and commentary on regulatory issues that impact technology, among other things.
The IA has promised more details concerning itself when it formally launches, in September. According to its website, it is “dedicated to advancing public policy solutions to strengthen and protect an open, innovative and free Internet.”"
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- America Not the Greatest Country Any Longer? (vide...
- Google Moves Motorola Mobility to Chicago
- Election 2012 -- all bets are off
- Barney Frank vs. Maria Bartiromo on CNBC, July 26t...
- Copyright Trolls and Counter-suits
- Meet the Internet Association
- SkyDrive account suspensions
- Penn State: what's next?
- Marissa and Yahoo--it was meant to be
- Big-time College Sports--a sick culture
- IMF predicts slower economic growth for world (vid...
- The "creative pause"
- London -- World Class City (video)
- London - Economist Special Report
- Yahoo Appoints Marissa Mayer CEO
- Obama: 'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t bui...
- Designing 007: Fifty Years of Bond Style
- Obama Running A Very Ugly Campaign
- Japan - the 'Mother of All Bubbles'
- Anti-foreclosure Laws and Unintended Consequences
- BlackBerry’s Latest Delay Could Lead to Lawsuits
- A Tale of Three Nations: Ireland, Estonia, Iceland...
- UN Law of the Sea Treaty - a "must do"
- Don't tell Ireland and Greece, but Iceland is doin...
- The economy? Slippin' and Slidin'
- Apple Gets Sued Again in China
- Google has always been a "hardware maker"
- Declaration of Internet Freedom
- BIS Annual Report 2011/2012 -- a "must read"
- Paul Krugman's Follies?
- China: Garbage In; Garbage Out
- I have something he will never have
- ▼ July (32)