Guess Who’s Emerging From the Crisis? (And don't tell Greece and Ireland who suffer from Eurozone imposed "austerity")--
FT Alphaville » A glimpse of an economy post this crisis: "Iceland, of course. Kitchen-sinked and cleaned-up, the Icelandic central bank has just decided to push up rates by 25 basis points to combat signs of inflation amidst “robust” domestic demand."
The poor periphery of the Eurozone--a/k/a PIIGS (Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Spain)--they've swallowed the propaganda (necessary to save French and German banks) that there is no other way out but to stay with the euro and suffer. On the other hand, Iceland is really on the upward trajectory.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- America Not the Greatest Country Any Longer? (video)
- Google Moves Motorola Mobility to Chicago
- Election 2012 -- all bets are off
- Barney Frank vs. Maria Bartiromo on CNBC, July 26th
- Copyright Trolls and Counter-suits
- Meet the Internet Association
- SkyDrive account suspensions
- Penn State: what's next?
- Marissa and Yahoo--it was meant to be
- Big-time College Sports--a sick culture
- IMF predicts slower economic growth for world (video)
- The "creative pause"
- London -- World Class City (video)
- London - Economist Special Report
- Yahoo Appoints Marissa Mayer CEO
- Obama: 'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t bui...
- Designing 007: Fifty Years of Bond Style
- Obama Running A Very Ugly Campaign
- Japan - the 'Mother of All Bubbles'
- Anti-foreclosure Laws and Unintended Consequences
- BlackBerry’s Latest Delay Could Lead to Lawsuits
- A Tale of Three Nations: Ireland, Estonia, Iceland
- UN Law of the Sea Treaty - a "must do"
- Don't tell Ireland and Greece, but Iceland is doin...
- The economy? Slippin' and Slidin'
- Apple Gets Sued Again in China
- Google has always been a "hardware maker"
- Declaration of Internet Freedom
- BIS Annual Report 2011/2012 -- a "must read"
- Paul Krugman's Follies?
- China: Garbage In; Garbage Out
- I have something he will never have
- ▼ July (32)