Whether you are for or against the re-election of President Obama, it's now apparent to everyone that he believes the best defense is an offense (since apparently he can't run on his record) and he is going to run a dirty, nasty Chicago-style campaign where the objective is to smear your opponent with false allegations, hire campaign operatives who exhibit "street-thug" values and language, and otherwise engage in "gutter politics." Examples? OK--
Presidential rivals trade charges of lying, Romney demands apology over 'felony' remark | Fox News: "Obama official Stephanie Cutter made the claim following a Boston Globe article that said documents show Romney was in charge at Bain for three years longer than he had claimed. Cutter said Romney was either misrepresenting his position at Bain to the Securities and Exchange Commission, "which is a felony," or misrepresenting to the American people.
Romney campaign manager Matt Rhoades issued a blistering statement in response.
"President Obama's campaign hit a new low today when one of its senior advisers made a reckless and unsubstantiated charge to reporters about Mitt Romney that was so over the top that it calls into question the integrity of their entire campaign," Rhoades said. "President Obama ought to apologize for the out-of-control behavior of his staff, which demeans the office he holds. Campaigns are supposed to be hard fought, but statements like those made by Stephanie Cutter belittle the process and the candidate on whose behalf she works.". . . "
Democrats Hail Supreme Court Decision As A ‘Win,’ While GOP Looks Toward November - ABC News: "Democratic National Committee’s executive director Patrick Gaspard embodied the gleeful mood with this tweet: "@patrickgaspard: it’s constitutional. Bitches.""
But wait--it gets even worse--including tweets using "motherf-----s" and other foul language.
"Bitches"? "Motherf-----s"? Is this the type of language now commonly used (and therefore deemed appropriate by President Obama) in the White House, the Obama Campaign, and the Democratic National Committee? But then again, Obama and his campaign think they've got "the women's vote" in their pocket (or should one say the bitches' vote?).
Ladies and gents, if you like "ugly," Obama is your man.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- America Not the Greatest Country Any Longer? (video)
- Google Moves Motorola Mobility to Chicago
- Election 2012 -- all bets are off
- Barney Frank vs. Maria Bartiromo on CNBC, July 26th
- Copyright Trolls and Counter-suits
- Meet the Internet Association
- SkyDrive account suspensions
- Penn State: what's next?
- Marissa and Yahoo--it was meant to be
- Big-time College Sports--a sick culture
- IMF predicts slower economic growth for world (video)
- The "creative pause"
- London -- World Class City (video)
- London - Economist Special Report
- Yahoo Appoints Marissa Mayer CEO
- Obama: 'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t bui...
- Designing 007: Fifty Years of Bond Style
- Obama Running A Very Ugly Campaign
- Japan - the 'Mother of All Bubbles'
- Anti-foreclosure Laws and Unintended Consequences
- BlackBerry’s Latest Delay Could Lead to Lawsuits
- A Tale of Three Nations: Ireland, Estonia, Iceland
- UN Law of the Sea Treaty - a "must do"
- Don't tell Ireland and Greece, but Iceland is doin...
- The economy? Slippin' and Slidin'
- Apple Gets Sued Again in China
- Google has always been a "hardware maker"
- Declaration of Internet Freedom
- BIS Annual Report 2011/2012 -- a "must read"
- Paul Krugman's Follies?
- China: Garbage In; Garbage Out
- I have something he will never have
- ▼ July (32)