Monday, July 9, 2012
UN Law of the Sea Treaty - a "must do"
SENATE FOREIGN RELATIONS COMMITTEE Law of the Sea Treaty - A hearing on the Law of the Sea treaty: Perspectives from business and industry Witnesses: Thomas J. Donohue, president and CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Jack N. Gerard, president and CEO, American Petroleum Institute Jay Timmons, president and CEO, National Association of Manufacturers Lowell C. McAdam, chairman and CEO, Verizon Communications Inc., New York, N.Y. (9:30a-11:30a June 28, 2012)
Business leaders testified on the United Nations Law of the Sea Treaty, an international convention that sets rules for under- and over-sea travel and commerce.
This is probably the most important matter pending before the U.S. Senate and needs ratification/accession ASAP! Its beneficial impacts include off-shore drilling, telecommunications cables, and other issues addressed in the Senate Committee hearing video above.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- America Not the Greatest Country Any Longer? (video)
- Google Moves Motorola Mobility to Chicago
- Election 2012 -- all bets are off
- Barney Frank vs. Maria Bartiromo on CNBC, July 26th
- Copyright Trolls and Counter-suits
- Meet the Internet Association
- SkyDrive account suspensions
- Penn State: what's next?
- Marissa and Yahoo--it was meant to be
- Big-time College Sports--a sick culture
- IMF predicts slower economic growth for world (video)
- The "creative pause"
- London -- World Class City (video)
- London - Economist Special Report
- Yahoo Appoints Marissa Mayer CEO
- Obama: 'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t bui...
- Designing 007: Fifty Years of Bond Style
- Obama Running A Very Ugly Campaign
- Japan - the 'Mother of All Bubbles'
- Anti-foreclosure Laws and Unintended Consequences
- BlackBerry’s Latest Delay Could Lead to Lawsuits
- A Tale of Three Nations: Ireland, Estonia, Iceland
- UN Law of the Sea Treaty - a "must do"
- Don't tell Ireland and Greece, but Iceland is doin...
- The economy? Slippin' and Slidin'
- Apple Gets Sued Again in China
- Google has always been a "hardware maker"
- Declaration of Internet Freedom
- BIS Annual Report 2011/2012 -- a "must read"
- Paul Krugman's Follies?
- China: Garbage In; Garbage Out
- I have something he will never have
- ▼ July (32)