Now that HP has finally unveiled its own Chromebook, I hope that HP and others will start offering a premium Chromebook with SSD drive having at least 64GB of local storage, at least 3 USB ports (current HP model has that), at least 4GB RAM (current HP model comes with 2GB but can be upgraded to 4GB), and a quality Intel processor in non-touch screen hardware, supporting a mouse (current HP does this). I do understand that some buyers are shopping on price alone. But I (and others), need performance. More and more people, companies, schools, government agencies and other institutions, are recognizing that a Chromebook is preferable for most users over a desktop or notebook running the Microsoft disaster known as Windows 8. If you get a Chromebook, insist on 4 GB RAM, and be sure to utilize the Chrome extensions. And yes, the Chromebook works offline and you won't have to put up with any more BS from Microsoft! (be sure to read the comments about Win8 at the preceding link)
Otherwise, we are going to have to put up with this--
Wolverton: Chromebook better, but still doesn't beat PC - SiliconValley.com: "The (Samsung) Chromebook, by contrast, struggled to keep up with even half the tabs I typically have open. As I flipped from tab to tab, it frequently would have to reload the nominally open Web pages. That was frustrating when I flipped to pages of news articles, not only because I had to wait for the pages to reload, but also because I typically would lose my place on the page."
The above has nothing to do with the Chrome OS, but the cheap hardware components Samsung used in that particular model. Come on HP, Samsung, et al, you can do better! All that being said, if I had to buy a Chromebook today, I'd get the HP with 4GB RAM.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- How to Profit From Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD)
- The Sequester Blame Game and Zero Leadership from ...
- President Armageddon Barack Obama
- Pound Foolish by Helaine Olen
- Jack Lew - better buy gold?
- Google to BT and patent trolls: "don't tread on me"
- Chromebook Pixel is everything you need (and more)
- Obama uses DOJ as political vendetta machine again...
- The Harry Reid Problem (video)
- Money is not Wealth
- Bill Gates on the Importance of Measurement
- The Boeing 787 and how not to manufacture
- Apple, Europe, and Taxes
- Carmen Ortiz - more prosecutorial abuse and miscon...
- Aaron Swartz Unlikely To Face Jail Or Conviction U...
- Clinton (1996) vs Obama (2013)
- The Revolving Door: Jon Leibowitz Resigns as FTC C...
- The Gross Injustice of American Justice
- Mobile Internet and the Disintermediation in Banking
- The Coming Disintermediation of Money
- The Financial Crisis and the Free Market Cure
- Cashing Out of Corruption
- How to Build a Better Chromebook
- Firms Keep Piles of Foreign Cash in US Tax Free
- Hagel a wise Secretary of Defense for the 21st Cen...
- The principle of subtraction: adding by taking away
- Cash and coins will soon be gone
- 90 percent of enterprises will bypass Windows 8 Th...
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2012 (423)