When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Friday, February 22, 2013
Chromebook Pixel is everything you need (and more)
Just a couple of weeks ago I posted How to Build a Better Chromebook. Now Google has brought to market just that--Chromebook Pixel. Finally, a performance Chromebook!
Google Chrome Blog: The Chromebook Pixel, for what’s next: " . . . Speed: Speed has been a core tenet of Chrome and Chromebooks since the beginning. For Pixel, it’s critical that the overall experience, everything from loading webpages to switching between apps, is near instant. Powered by an Intel® Core™ i5 Processor and a solid state Flash memory architecture, the Pixel performs remarkably fast. Connectivity: The Pixel has an industry-leading WiFi range thanks to carefully positioned antennas and dual-band support. Long-term evolution (LTE) is engineered directly into the machine, delivering fast connectivity across Verizon's network, the largest, fastest 4G LTE network in the U.S. (LTE model optional). It also comes with 12 free GoGo® Inflight Internet passes for those times you need to connect while in the air. Storage: Since this Chromebook is for people who live in the cloud, one terabyte of Google Drive cloud storage is included with the Pixel. This enables you to save, access and share photos, videos, documents, and all of your stuff from all of your devices, from anywhere. . . ."
Combine the above with the Google Apps and Chrome browser's utility offline (see below) and you have everything you need (and more). Goodbye Microsoft and Apple!
About Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides offline - Google Drive Help: "You're able to view Google documents, spreadsheets, and presentations even when you don't have an Internet connection. You're also able to edit Google documents and presentations offline. It's really handy when you're on an airplane or train without wireless Internet! . . . "
Enable Google Docs Offline - Google Apps Help: "From the Google Apps control panel, you can allow your users to view documents and spreadsheets even when they don't have an Internet connection. To do this, you need to enable Google Docs offline. . . "
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- How to Profit From Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD)
- The Sequester Blame Game and Zero Leadership from ...
- President Armageddon Barack Obama
- Pound Foolish by Helaine Olen
- Jack Lew - better buy gold?
- Google to BT and patent trolls: "don't tread on me"
- Chromebook Pixel is everything you need (and more)
- Obama uses DOJ as political vendetta machine again...
- The Harry Reid Problem (video)
- Money is not Wealth
- Bill Gates on the Importance of Measurement
- The Boeing 787 and how not to manufacture
- Apple, Europe, and Taxes
- Carmen Ortiz - more prosecutorial abuse and miscon...
- Aaron Swartz Unlikely To Face Jail Or Conviction U...
- Clinton (1996) vs Obama (2013)
- The Revolving Door: Jon Leibowitz Resigns as FTC C...
- The Gross Injustice of American Justice
- Mobile Internet and the Disintermediation in Banking
- The Coming Disintermediation of Money
- The Financial Crisis and the Free Market Cure
- Cashing Out of Corruption
- How to Build a Better Chromebook
- Firms Keep Piles of Foreign Cash in US Tax Free
- Hagel a wise Secretary of Defense for the 21st Cen...
- The principle of subtraction: adding by taking away
- Cash and coins will soon be gone
- 90 percent of enterprises will bypass Windows 8 Th...
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2012 (423)