Goodbye and good riddance--this is the guy who wasted almost 2 years and millions of taxpayer funds on a meritless case against Google search, hiring expensive outside counsel for that matter (what a sweetheart Washington insider contract!), and the result? 5-0: no action against Google. A complete waste of time and resources.
But as always, his tenure wasn't a complete failure (how could it be with the FTC super-sized staffing and budget?); here's an excerpt from the New York Times--
Jon Leibowitz Resigns as F.T.C. Chairman - NYTimes.com: "Other Democrats, including some consumer advocates, were less generous in their assessment, although none of them wanted to speak on the record. They noted, however, a few areas where the F.T.C. did not block merger actions, including a $2 billion proposal to join the Universal Music Group and EMI, two large record labels. Last year, the commission also approved the $29 billion merger of two of the nation’s largest pharmacy-benefit managers, Express Scripts and Medco Health Solutions. If only because it was his last big effort, however, the Google case is likely to be the one that is foremost in people’s minds over the next few years. Mr. Leibowitz sought the case, winning a cordial but tense battle with the Justice Department’s antitrust division over the right to investigate Google’s search practices."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- How to Profit From Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD)
- The Sequester Blame Game and Zero Leadership from ...
- President Armageddon Barack Obama
- Pound Foolish by Helaine Olen
- Jack Lew - better buy gold?
- Google to BT and patent trolls: "don't tread on me"
- Chromebook Pixel is everything you need (and more)
- Obama uses DOJ as political vendetta machine again...
- The Harry Reid Problem (video)
- Money is not Wealth
- Bill Gates on the Importance of Measurement
- The Boeing 787 and how not to manufacture
- Apple, Europe, and Taxes
- Carmen Ortiz - more prosecutorial abuse and miscon...
- Aaron Swartz Unlikely To Face Jail Or Conviction U...
- Clinton (1996) vs Obama (2013)
- The Revolving Door: Jon Leibowitz Resigns as FTC C...
- The Gross Injustice of American Justice
- Mobile Internet and the Disintermediation in Banking
- The Coming Disintermediation of Money
- The Financial Crisis and the Free Market Cure
- Cashing Out of Corruption
- How to Build a Better Chromebook
- Firms Keep Piles of Foreign Cash in US Tax Free
- Hagel a wise Secretary of Defense for the 21st Cen...
- The principle of subtraction: adding by taking away
- Cash and coins will soon be gone
- 90 percent of enterprises will bypass Windows 8 Th...
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2012 (423)