Bill Gates on the Importance of Measurement - WSJ.com: "In the past year, I have been struck by how important measurement is to improving the human condition. You can achieve incredible progress if you set a clear goal and find a measure that will drive progress toward that goal—in a feedback loop similar to the one Mr. Rosen describes. This may seem basic, but it is amazing how often it is not done and how hard it is to get right. Historically, foreign aid has been measured in terms of the total amount of money invested—and during the Cold War, by whether a country stayed on our side—but not by how well it performed in actually helping people. Closer to home, despite innovation in measuring teacher performance world-wide, more than 90% of educators in the U.S. still get zero feedback on how to improve. An innovation—whether it's a new vaccine or an improved seed—can't have an impact unless it reaches the people who will benefit from it. We need innovations in measurement to find new, effective ways to deliver those tools and services to the clinics, family farms and classrooms that need them"
What is being measured? What is not being measured? Why not? What can not be measured?
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- How to Profit From Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD)
- The Sequester Blame Game and Zero Leadership from ...
- President Armageddon Barack Obama
- Pound Foolish by Helaine Olen
- Jack Lew - better buy gold?
- Google to BT and patent trolls: "don't tread on me"
- Chromebook Pixel is everything you need (and more)
- Obama uses DOJ as political vendetta machine again...
- The Harry Reid Problem (video)
- Money is not Wealth
- Bill Gates on the Importance of Measurement
- The Boeing 787 and how not to manufacture
- Apple, Europe, and Taxes
- Carmen Ortiz - more prosecutorial abuse and miscon...
- Aaron Swartz Unlikely To Face Jail Or Conviction U...
- Clinton (1996) vs Obama (2013)
- The Revolving Door: Jon Leibowitz Resigns as FTC C...
- The Gross Injustice of American Justice
- Mobile Internet and the Disintermediation in Banking
- The Coming Disintermediation of Money
- The Financial Crisis and the Free Market Cure
- Cashing Out of Corruption
- How to Build a Better Chromebook
- Firms Keep Piles of Foreign Cash in US Tax Free
- Hagel a wise Secretary of Defense for the 21st Cen...
- The principle of subtraction: adding by taking away
- Cash and coins will soon be gone
- 90 percent of enterprises will bypass Windows 8 Th...
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2012 (423)