Boeing has hopefully learned a hard lesson--
James Surowiecki: The Trouble with Boeing’s 787 : The New Yorker: "In a fascinating study of the process, two U.C.L.A. researchers, Christopher Tang and Joshua Zimmerman, show how challenging it was for Boeing to work with fifty different partners. The more complex a supply chain, the more chances there are for something to go wrong, and Boeing had far less control than it would have if more of the operation had been in-house. Delays became endemic, and, instead of costing less, the project went billions over budget. In 2011, Jim Albaugh, who took over the program in 2009, said, “We spent a lot more money in trying to recover than we ever would have spent if we’d tried to keep the key technologies closer to home.”. . . "
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- How to Profit From Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FU...
- The Sequester Blame Game and Zero Leadership from ...
- President Armageddon Barack Obama
- Pound Foolish by Helaine Olen
- Jack Lew - better buy gold?
- Google to BT and patent trolls: "don't tread on me...
- Chromebook Pixel is everything you need (and more)...
- Obama uses DOJ as political vendetta machine again...
- The Harry Reid Problem (video)
- Money is not Wealth
- Bill Gates on the Importance of Measurement
- The Boeing 787 and how not to manufacture
- Apple, Europe, and Taxes
- Carmen Ortiz - more prosecutorial abuse and miscon...
- Aaron Swartz Unlikely To Face Jail Or Conviction U...
- Clinton (1996) vs Obama (2013)
- The Revolving Door: Jon Leibowitz Resigns as FTC C...
- The Gross Injustice of American Justice
- Mobile Internet and the Disintermediation in Banki...
- The Coming Disintermediation of Money
- The Financial Crisis and the Free Market Cure
- Cashing Out of Corruption
- How to Build a Better Chromebook
- Firms Keep Piles of Foreign Cash in US Tax Free
- Hagel a wise Secretary of Defense for the 21st Cen...
- The principle of subtraction: adding by taking awa...
- Cash and coins will soon be gone
- 90 percent of enterprises will bypass Windows 8 Th...
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2012 (423)