Google is not naive to the ways of Washington (e.g., FTC), patent trolls, Microsoft, Oracle, Apple, or anyone else--now BT is going to think twice before it sues Google again:
Google slugs BT with four-patent countersuit after telco 'armed trolls' | ZDNet: "Google has filed patent infringement suits against BT in the US and UK after the telco "armed patent trolls". Google filed a complaint on Wednesday in the US District Court for the Central District of California over BT's alleged infringement of four patents, some of which Google has acquired recently from the likes of IBM and Fujitsu. . . . The move follows BT's complaint against Google in the US District Court of Delaware in December 2011, which claimed over a dozen Google brands, from search and Google Maps to DoubleClick and Gmail, infringed on six of its patents. BT's patent actions have forced it to countersue, Google said. "We have always seen litigation as a last resort, and we work hard to avoid lawsuits. But BT has brought several meritless patent claims against Google and our customers — and they've also been arming patent trolls. When faced with these kind of actions, we will defend ourselves," Google said in a statement. . . ."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- How to Profit From Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD)
- The Sequester Blame Game and Zero Leadership from ...
- President Armageddon Barack Obama
- Pound Foolish by Helaine Olen
- Jack Lew - better buy gold?
- Google to BT and patent trolls: "don't tread on me"
- Chromebook Pixel is everything you need (and more)
- Obama uses DOJ as political vendetta machine again...
- The Harry Reid Problem (video)
- Money is not Wealth
- Bill Gates on the Importance of Measurement
- The Boeing 787 and how not to manufacture
- Apple, Europe, and Taxes
- Carmen Ortiz - more prosecutorial abuse and miscon...
- Aaron Swartz Unlikely To Face Jail Or Conviction U...
- Clinton (1996) vs Obama (2013)
- The Revolving Door: Jon Leibowitz Resigns as FTC C...
- The Gross Injustice of American Justice
- Mobile Internet and the Disintermediation in Banking
- The Coming Disintermediation of Money
- The Financial Crisis and the Free Market Cure
- Cashing Out of Corruption
- How to Build a Better Chromebook
- Firms Keep Piles of Foreign Cash in US Tax Free
- Hagel a wise Secretary of Defense for the 21st Cen...
- The principle of subtraction: adding by taking away
- Cash and coins will soon be gone
- 90 percent of enterprises will bypass Windows 8 Th...
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2012 (423)