As I wrote recently, cash and coinage will soon disappear, but who will object to this disappearance of paper money and coins? Why, of course, bureaucrats, corrupt government officials, and crooks--
Cashing Out of Corruption | MIT Technology Review: " . . . Although the Afghan government recently sought proposals to expand mobile payments, such efforts have moved slowly in part because of “determined” resistance from some bank and police officials, says Loretta Michaels, a Washington, D.C., consultant who worked in Afghanistan with Roshan to implement the mobile money system. Corruption is a sensitive diplomatic issue with U.S. troops exiting the country, even as tens of billions in aid still pours in. McGowan, the USAID analyst, says electronic payments have the benefit of rooting out graft without singling out specific officials or looking like an “anticorruption crusade.”. . ."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- How to Profit From Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD)
- The Sequester Blame Game and Zero Leadership from ...
- President Armageddon Barack Obama
- Pound Foolish by Helaine Olen
- Jack Lew - better buy gold?
- Google to BT and patent trolls: "don't tread on me"
- Chromebook Pixel is everything you need (and more)
- Obama uses DOJ as political vendetta machine again...
- The Harry Reid Problem (video)
- Money is not Wealth
- Bill Gates on the Importance of Measurement
- The Boeing 787 and how not to manufacture
- Apple, Europe, and Taxes
- Carmen Ortiz - more prosecutorial abuse and miscon...
- Aaron Swartz Unlikely To Face Jail Or Conviction U...
- Clinton (1996) vs Obama (2013)
- The Revolving Door: Jon Leibowitz Resigns as FTC C...
- The Gross Injustice of American Justice
- Mobile Internet and the Disintermediation in Banking
- The Coming Disintermediation of Money
- The Financial Crisis and the Free Market Cure
- Cashing Out of Corruption
- How to Build a Better Chromebook
- Firms Keep Piles of Foreign Cash in US Tax Free
- Hagel a wise Secretary of Defense for the 21st Cen...
- The principle of subtraction: adding by taking away
- Cash and coins will soon be gone
- 90 percent of enterprises will bypass Windows 8 Th...
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2012 (423)