The need for comprehensive tax reform and the absurdity of the current tax code--
Firms Keep Piles of 'Foreign' Cash in U.S. - WSJ.com: "In the eyes of the law, the Internal Revenue Service and company executives, however, this money is overseas. As long as it doesn't flow back to the U.S. parent company, the U.S. doesn't tax it. And as long as it sits in U.S. bank accounts or in U.S. Treasurys, it is safer than if it were plowed into potentially risky foreign investments. In accounting terms, the location of the funds may be just a technicality. But for people on both sides of the contentious debate over corporate-tax reform, the situation highlights what they see as the absurdity of rules that encourage companies to engage in semantic games, legal gymnastics and inefficient corporate-financing methods to shield profits from U.S. taxes."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- How to Profit From Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD)
- The Sequester Blame Game and Zero Leadership from ...
- President Armageddon Barack Obama
- Pound Foolish by Helaine Olen
- Jack Lew - better buy gold?
- Google to BT and patent trolls: "don't tread on me"
- Chromebook Pixel is everything you need (and more)
- Obama uses DOJ as political vendetta machine again...
- The Harry Reid Problem (video)
- Money is not Wealth
- Bill Gates on the Importance of Measurement
- The Boeing 787 and how not to manufacture
- Apple, Europe, and Taxes
- Carmen Ortiz - more prosecutorial abuse and miscon...
- Aaron Swartz Unlikely To Face Jail Or Conviction U...
- Clinton (1996) vs Obama (2013)
- The Revolving Door: Jon Leibowitz Resigns as FTC C...
- The Gross Injustice of American Justice
- Mobile Internet and the Disintermediation in Banking
- The Coming Disintermediation of Money
- The Financial Crisis and the Free Market Cure
- Cashing Out of Corruption
- How to Build a Better Chromebook
- Firms Keep Piles of Foreign Cash in US Tax Free
- Hagel a wise Secretary of Defense for the 21st Cen...
- The principle of subtraction: adding by taking away
- Cash and coins will soon be gone
- 90 percent of enterprises will bypass Windows 8 Th...
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2012 (423)