The facts--just the facts:
Fix this economy - NYPOST.com: "Bill Clinton stumbled into the truth about the US economy recently when he conceded that Mitt Romney is right, “It is true, we’re not fixed.” During the more than three-year Obama recovery, we’ve recovered only 4.8 million private-sector jobs of the 8.9 million lost in the Great Recession. At the current pace of job creation the past two years (and assuming labor force participation stays constant), the economy won’t return to the Bush low of 4.4 percent unemployment for nine more years. The current level of private-sector jobs remains nearly 13 million below where it would be if the labor market were back to normal and creating jobs at what economists call a “trend recovery.” And what kind of recovery is it when incomes decline faster than during the preceding downturn? The Great Recession never ended, not really. It just morphed into the Long Recession. So things are most definitely not fixed. And in some ways, they’re getting worse. The United States now ranks seventh of 144 nations in the World Economic Forum competitiveness rankings. In 2008, it was first. Fewer new firms are being formed today than two years ago when the recession ended, according to a Hudson Institute study. US government publicly held debt as a share of GDP was 41 percent in 2008; it’s projected to be 76 percent next year — and, under the most recent Obama budget, it’ll more or less stay at that historically high level for another decade."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Chicago Police Guilty of Covering Up Bartender Bea...
- Disruptive Innovations Could Cure Health Care
- From Windows 8 to Windows 7: why downgrade
- FTC does not have a case against Google
- Obama's speech on Election Night: One Sentence of ...
- Fiscal Cliff: The Solution is Obvious
- Autonomous Policing is the Future
- Palestine: One state, two states or even three sta...
- Obama's hometown Chicago
- "Dumbing Down" the "Intelligence"
- All In: General Petraeus, Broadwell and the book
- Why my iPad can't replace my laptop
- Obama and Rice wrong about Benghazi -- it was a te...
- After Benghazi, Muslims attack free speech
- Who in the Obama administration decided to edit th...
- Belize: more on McAfee
- Murder in the Tropics
- Google and anti-trust: a debate over Internet search
- Tablet talk: Microsoft Surface worth buying?
- Ron Paul: We're Broke and Already Over Fiscal Clif...
- All In: The Education of General Petraeus and Paul...
- Is France a "Luddite" nation?
- TSA iPad theft problem
- Fiscal Cliff? Obama is on the right track
- Obama's agenda of revenge?
- Post election analysis: Romney campaign made funda...
- Obama's re-election speech: a re-write of history ...
- Election over--time to get down to business--the t...
- Election 2012 - Not much of a choice
- Forget the mainstream media pro-Obama hype and spi...
- Obama's Unemployment Problem
- Still an Economy Election
- Who Has A Plan for Economic Recovery?
- Windows 8 does not make sense on business desktops
- How the Democrats Lost This Election
- ▼ November (35)