You can read the full text for yourself at the link below--but of all the things I was surprised by in Obama's re-election speech, two stick out:
1. A small thing, but significant: "Tonight, more than 200 years after a former colony won the right to determine its own destiny . . . " A former colony? Which of the thirteen colonies is he referring to? And Obama is a Harvard law graduate? If you don't know and understand that America was formed from thirteen independent, original colonies, you are woefully ignorant--particularly to be President of these United States. No wonder Obama thinks the federal powers are unlimited (and unfortunately, our present Supreme Court apparently agrees--at least as long as you characterize the "power grab" as a "tax").
2. A glaring omission--no thanks, no mention of, Bill Clinton. Never, in the history of this Republic, has a past President taken such an active, and significant, role in a Presidential race. I understand Obama called Clinton after calling Romney, but still, public acknowledgement, and thanks, should have been made.
BBC News - Full text: Obama's re-election speech
Tomorrow: a post-election analysis of the Romney campaign (hint: it's not "rocket science").
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Chicago Police Guilty of Covering Up Bartender Bea...
- Disruptive Innovations Could Cure Health Care
- From Windows 8 to Windows 7: why downgrade
- FTC does not have a case against Google
- Obama's speech on Election Night: One Sentence of ...
- Fiscal Cliff: The Solution is Obvious
- Autonomous Policing is the Future
- Palestine: One state, two states or even three sta...
- Obama's hometown Chicago
- "Dumbing Down" the "Intelligence"
- All In: General Petraeus, Broadwell and the book
- Why my iPad can't replace my laptop
- Obama and Rice wrong about Benghazi -- it was a te...
- After Benghazi, Muslims attack free speech
- Who in the Obama administration decided to edit th...
- Belize: more on McAfee
- Murder in the Tropics
- Google and anti-trust: a debate over Internet sear...
- Tablet talk: Microsoft Surface worth buying?
- Ron Paul: We're Broke and Already Over Fiscal Clif...
- All In: The Education of General Petraeus and Paul...
- Is France a "Luddite" nation?
- TSA iPad theft problem
- Fiscal Cliff? Obama is on the right track
- Obama's agenda of revenge?
- Post election analysis: Romney campaign made funda...
- Obama's re-election speech: a re-write of history ...
- Election over--time to get down to business--the t...
- Election 2012 - Not much of a choice
- Forget the mainstream media pro-Obama hype and spi...
- Obama's Unemployment Problem
- Still an Economy Election
- Who Has A Plan for Economic Recovery?
- Windows 8 does not make sense on business desktops...
- How the Democrats Lost This Election
- ▼ November (35)