Our health care crisis--the anwer isn't Obamacare (it's just a band-aid, and an expensive one at that). But maybe there is a way out--
Will Disruptive Innovations Cure Health Care? - Harvard Business Review: "Our major health care institutions—medical schools, groups of specialist physicians, general hospitals, research organizations—have together overshot the level of care actually needed or used by the vast majority of patients. Indeed, most players in today’s health care system are in a lockstep march toward the most scientifically demanding challenges. Between 1960 and now, for example, our medical schools and residency programs have churned out specialists and subspecialists with extraordinary capabilities. But most of the things that afflict us are relatively straightforward disorders whose diagnoses and treatments tap but a small fraction of what our medical schools have prepared physicians to do. Similarly, the vast majority of research funding from the National Institutes of Health is aimed at learning to cure diseases that historically have been incurable. Much less is being spent on learning how to provide the health care that most of us need most of the time in a way that is simpler, more convenient, and less costly."
There is a better way--simpler, more convenient, less costly.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Chicago Police Guilty of Covering Up Bartender Bea...
- Disruptive Innovations Could Cure Health Care
- From Windows 8 to Windows 7: why downgrade
- FTC does not have a case against Google
- Obama's speech on Election Night: One Sentence of ...
- Fiscal Cliff: The Solution is Obvious
- Autonomous Policing is the Future
- Palestine: One state, two states or even three sta...
- Obama's hometown Chicago
- "Dumbing Down" the "Intelligence"
- All In: General Petraeus, Broadwell and the book
- Why my iPad can't replace my laptop
- Obama and Rice wrong about Benghazi -- it was a te...
- After Benghazi, Muslims attack free speech
- Who in the Obama administration decided to edit th...
- Belize: more on McAfee
- Murder in the Tropics
- Google and anti-trust: a debate over Internet sear...
- Tablet talk: Microsoft Surface worth buying?
- Ron Paul: We're Broke and Already Over Fiscal Clif...
- All In: The Education of General Petraeus and Paul...
- Is France a "Luddite" nation?
- TSA iPad theft problem
- Fiscal Cliff? Obama is on the right track
- Obama's agenda of revenge?
- Post election analysis: Romney campaign made funda...
- Obama's re-election speech: a re-write of history ...
- Election over--time to get down to business--the t...
- Election 2012 - Not much of a choice
- Forget the mainstream media pro-Obama hype and spi...
- Obama's Unemployment Problem
- Still an Economy Election
- Who Has A Plan for Economic Recovery?
- Windows 8 does not make sense on business desktops...
- How the Democrats Lost This Election
- ▼ November (35)