BBC News - Google's Eric Schmidt 'perplexed' over UK tax debate: "Mr Schmidt told the BBC that the company did what was "legally required" to pay the right amount of taxes. Google paid £10m in UK corporate taxes between 2006 and 2011, despite revenues of £11.9bn. Mr Schmidt said it was up to the government to change its tax system if it wanted companies to pay more taxes. Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Start the Week, he said: "What we are doing is legal. I'm rather perplexed by this debate, which has been going in the UK for some time, because I view taxes as not optional. "I view that you should pay the taxes that are legally required. It's not a debate. You pay the taxes. "If the British system changes the tax laws, then we will comply. If the taxes go up, we will pay more, if they go down, we will pay less. That is a political decision for the democracy that is the United Kingdom.""
Sounds rational to me. Why blame taxpayers for the tax laws passed by any government?
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Sex doesn't sell
- UK tax debate and Google
- How much do Fannie and Freddie still owe US? Every...
- Listen to Chen Guangcheng, blind Chinese activist
- Why Microsoft should ditch Windows Phone and go An...
- The Internet's Darkening Digital Future
- A Global Liquidity Trap
- "The world in the next five years is NOT going 100...
- Mark Sanford on his Comeback (Video)
- Senators, the problem is Washington, not Apple
- Windows 8 - WTF do we do?
- Microsoft, Windows 8, Learning Curves, Live Tiles,...
- Memo to Obama: this is YOUR government, YOUR admin...
- How Not to Get Anyone's Attention
- Apple Missing Out as Global Carriers Balk
- Benghazi Truths and Disgusting Democrats
- President Obama joked in 2009 he could use the IRS...
- White House Meets Privately with Press to Discuss ...
- Obama’s claim he called Benghazi an ‘act of terror...
- In Washington--business as usual
- Benghazi E-Mails Show Obama Administration Came Up...
- Obama administration used IRS to target conservati...
- Hillary Clinton Disqualified by Benghazi
- Is This Why The Obama Administration Lied About Be...
- Wireless Accessory Makers Think Beyond Apple
- End of Megaupload Case?
- Self-radicalized - the new face of terrorists?
- Lindsey Graham: 'Dam is about to break' on Benghazi
- Senator Ted Cruz Speaks in Opposition to the Inter...
- Internet sales tax bill is unfair and a job killer
- When Facebook Bought Instagram
- Obamacare Cost Explosion Begins to Hit
- Benghazi - Obama and Clinton lied
- Flying the idiotic US Government Skies
- ObamacareFail - Health Law Provision for Small Bus...
- BlackBerry CEO thinks BlackBerry will dominate App...
- ▼ May (36)
- ► 2012 (423)