Benghazi E-Mails Put White House on the Defensive - A disclosure of e-mails showed the White House was more involved in revising talking points about the attack in Benghazi, Libya, than officials have previously acknowledged.
Benghazi E-Mails Put White House on the Defensive - NYTimes.com: " A long-simmering dispute over the White House’s account of the deadly assault on the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, flared up on Friday, with a disclosure of e-mails that show the White House was more deeply involved in revising talking points about the attack than officials have previously acknowledged." The e-mails, which the administration turned over to Congress, show the White House coordinating an intensive process with the State Department, the C.I.A., the F.B.I. and other agencies to obtain the final version of the talking points, used by Susan E. Rice, the ambassador to the United Nations, in television appearances after the attack. The State Department, in particular, pushed to remove references to Al Qaeda and Ansar al-Sharia, the Libyan militant group suspected of carrying out the attack as well as warnings about other potential terrorist threats from C.I.A., which drafted the initial talking points. . . ."
I suspected this at the time Susan Rice opened her mouth and lied five times on national TV, the Sunday following the Benghazi attack, blaming the Benghazi death of the US ambassador to Libya on a YouTube video protest. OK, maybe she was just "following orders" and didn't intend to mislead anyone--really, the Obama administration must think everyone is as stupid as they and the Washington press corps are!
This just proves what everyone has said--you cannot believe anything the Obama administration says anymore--it's all lies or spin for perceived political gain.Tweet Follow @johnmpoole