I normally don't write about autos or the auto industry, but as a follower of technology, I couldn't pass up this post:
Ford C-MAX Energi is Green Car Vision Award Winner | GreenCar.com: "Green Car Journal has named Ford’s C-MAX Energi its 2012 Green Car Vision Award™ winner at the Washington Auto Show. The highly-efficient plug-in model, which is expected to come to market in late 2012, is built on the same global C-car platform as the Ford Focus and other Ford models to come. This distinguishes Ford as the first back-to-back winner of the Green Car Vision Award. The Ford Focus Electric won the honors last year. The C-MAX Energi rose to the top in a field of five exceptional visionary vehicles that also included the BMW i3, Cadillac ELR, Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-Cell, and Tesla Model S. All are electric drive, but energized in different ways through hydrogen fuel cell, battery electric, extended range electric, and plug-in hybrid power."
The 2013 C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi | View C-MAX Features | Ford.com: "Think of the technology in the C-MAX Hybrid and the C-MAX Energi as your smart best friend. Available SYNC® with MyFord Touch® is uniquely outfitted for the hybrid or plug-in hybrid experience when you combine it with SmartGauge® with EcoGuide. With this combination, efficiency may be displayed using a leafy vine visual on the SmartGauge cluster screen. The more vines, the more efficient your driving. SYNC with MyFord Touch keeps you engaged with the world–and still lets you keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road."
C-MAX Energi Technology
The all-new C-MAX Energi was designed to deliver maximum efficiency by combining a high-voltage battery and electric motor with a gasoline engine. The gasoline engine does not run all the time, so you could go farther between refueling stops. Plug-in capability lets you charge the battery using either a standard 120-volt or a 240-volt outlet upgraded with available electric vehicle supply equipment. SmartGauge® with EcoGuide provides images representing driving efficiency. Standard SYNC® with MyFord Touch® with unique electric-vehicle screens. EV button allows the driver to easily switch between all-electric and gas power. More info here.
Ford Motor Company: The Future is Now.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Tax reform--it is not going to go away
- Ford Motor Company: The Future is Now
- Why Most Tech Start-ups Don't Succeed
- Penal-Industrial Complex: Crony Capitalism At Its ...
- Those who know you best: Specter on Santorum
- Santorum "loses it" in Wisconsin, uses profanity [...
- Android Wins Windows Phone Challenge, But Microsof...
- The Real Leadership Lessons of Steve Jobs
- Android: 'Key Lime Pie' comes after 'Jelly Bean'
- Why people aren't in the stock market
- Reality Check: Eurocrisis Is Far From Over
- Goldman Sachs and a fiduciary standard
- GOP Race: Land of Lincoln delivers for Romney
- Santorum endorses Romney! [VIDEO]
- Puerto Rico: Señor Romney Sí! Señor Santorum No!
- Wingnuts, yahoos, and the GOP: Missouri Chaos
- Start thinking about 5G wireless [video]
- Ann Coulter on Sarah Palin, con men and charlatans...
- Bill Gross on Bloomberg--worth listening to
- America’s Future [video]
- Eurozone: Running Out of Options
- Three Things About the New iPad [video]
- Who's in charge of the Republican primary process?
- In Greece Nothing Succeeds Like Failure
- Why President Obama will not win Florida in November
- Eric Schmidt's keynote at Mobile World Congress 20...
- Some words of advice for Mitt Romney
- Election2012: Rhetoric vs. Reason
- Rush Limbaugh and the Attention Economy
- Go Bo Go! - Pet Lovers for Obama
- Rick Santorum: Candidate of, and for, the Ignorant
- What ecosystem are you buying into?
- ECB: fixing the problem or delaying the day of rec...
- ▼ March (34)