Reading the returns and exit polls early on this evening of Super Tuesday, and having watched President Obama at his press conference earlier today--
there is quite a contrast between the President and his potential opponents. I think the Republicans have succeeded in this primary season of irreparably damaging their leading candidate and, for sure, the only guy who could have run a competitive race against President Obama--Mitt Romney. Nonetheless, based on early results showing Romney winning Virginia, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Ohio, plus looking ahead to the rest of the primaries and caucuses yet to come, crunching the numbers (and ruling out something unexpected), Romney should have no problem gathering sufficient delegates prior to the Republican convention to win the nomination. Santorum is finished--Ohio Catholics voted for Romney 43% vs. Santorum 30% (CNN exit poll)--although Santorum appears to have won Tennessee and Oklahoma, and no doubt will add further victories before this season ends.
Bottom line: President Obama now holds the "high ground"--he was the epitome of reason and reasonableness at his press conference today, while the Republicans come across with a collective image of ridiculous rhetoric. The biggest threats to an Obama re-election at this point are the foreign "unknowns"--Israel/Iran, Eurocrisis, China's economy-- over which he has little control.
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Tax reform--it is not going to go away
- Ford Motor Company: The Future is Now
- Why Most Tech Start-ups Don't Succeed
- Penal-Industrial Complex: Crony Capitalism At Its ...
- Those who know you best: Specter on Santorum
- Santorum "loses it" in Wisconsin, uses profanity [...
- Android Wins Windows Phone Challenge, But Microsof...
- The Real Leadership Lessons of Steve Jobs
- Android: 'Key Lime Pie' comes after 'Jelly Bean'
- Why people aren't in the stock market
- Reality Check: Eurocrisis Is Far From Over
- Goldman Sachs and a fiduciary standard
- GOP Race: Land of Lincoln delivers for Romney
- Santorum endorses Romney! [VIDEO]
- Puerto Rico: Señor Romney Sí! Señor Santorum No!
- Wingnuts, yahoos, and the GOP: Missouri Chaos
- Start thinking about 5G wireless [video]
- Ann Coulter on Sarah Palin, con men and charlatans...
- Bill Gross on Bloomberg--worth listening to
- America’s Future [video]
- Eurozone: Running Out of Options
- Three Things About the New iPad [video]
- Who's in charge of the Republican primary process?...
- In Greece Nothing Succeeds Like Failure
- Why President Obama will not win Florida in Novemb...
- Eric Schmidt's keynote at Mobile World Congress 20...
- Some words of advice for Mitt Romney
- Election2012: Rhetoric vs. Reason
- Rush Limbaugh and the Attention Economy
- Go Bo Go! - Pet Lovers for Obama
- Rick Santorum: Candidate of, and for, the Ignorant...
- What ecosystem are you buying into?
- ECB: fixing the problem or delaying the day of rec...
- ▼ March (34)