OK, so the Iowa caucus is over and Romney won by a whisker. That is good news for Republicans because there was a good turnout and for Romney because "a win is a win." Two months ago, the Romney people really didn't think they could win Iowa and would have been OK with a credible second or third place (and did not devote much time or resources there). Obviously, despite the efforts of the media and others to boost Gingrich early and Santorum late, reason prevailed. As I've said before, Republicans have a choice: nominate Mitt Romney and stand a good chance of winning the White House in November; or nominate someone else and ensure the re-election of Barack Obama.
The biggest loser last night? Definitely Barack Obama. The Obama people are fearful, to an extreme, of Romney because they know he is the only Republican who can win in November. Their entire campaign has already been designed to counter a Romney nomination and in the meantime hope for a bloodbath within Republican ranks during the primary season to weaken the nominee for the general election. You can expect to see continuing efforts by the Obama campaign and its media pawns to encourage such a "bloodbath."
Now off to New Hampshire which, unlike Iowa, is a real primary (and allows voting by independents)--my prediction? Reason will prevail.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Home prices continue to drop - turnaround in 2015?...
- Is Newt Gingrich Clueless?
- Only Romney beats Obama in Swing States
- Abolish all Public Pensions and Lower College Tuit...
- Joe Scarborough on Newt Gingrich
- A question Mitt Romney would never ask nor need to...
- The Eurozone's problem in one sentence
- State of the Union and entitlement reform
- Like All Demagogues, Gingrich needs the zeal of a ...
- Newt Gingrich Tax Cheat - Forbes
- Jobs: We don't talk enough about solutions
- Ann Coulter: ‘With Newt Gingrich you throw out the...
- Obama Team Dream: GOP Nominee Newt Gingrich
- GOP: It's starting to look like 1964
- European Banks: Caveat Emptor
- Housing in the US: still on taxpayer life support
- Going from Bad to Worse: Rick Perry Dropping Out; ...
- Random Notes for a January Wednesday
- You think we have a progressive income tax system?...
- Romney at Bain Capital: Impressive
- Eurozone: Portugal's borrowing costs soar
- Eurozone: austerity equals contraction
- The Fed: Clueless
- Aon: US tax system causing move from Chicago
- SOPA and PIPA: take action now
- Daley - no major role in Obama Campaign
- Reason Enough To Not Vote for Obama
- Here's the real election story of the day
- You think the December jobs report is good news?
- Rick Santorum: serial hypocrite and record of betr...
- Everything you need to know about Washington in on...
- NDAA 2012--one more reason to NOT vote for Obama
- The Contagion of Denial
- Iowa: good news for Republicans and Romney
- College Football: Paying the Players is an Issue t...
- Eurozone 2012: Greece, Italy, France
- ▼ January (36)