Here's one more reason to abolish all public pensions (except for those already retired or near retirement), bring everyone into Social Security, introduce means testing as proposed by Simpson Bowles, and allow everyone to have an additional tax sheltered, self-funded retirement account as I proposed here--
Increased Illinois higher education funding goes to pensions | FOX 55/27 Illinois | Illinois: "SPRINGFIELD — Illinois’ 12 percent increase in higher education spending this year isn’t going to benefit students. Instead, the additional funding for fiscal 2012 is going into the State Universities Retirement System, or SURS, to address its underfunded pension program. . . . Illinois has a total stated unfunded pension liability of $85 billion, but a 2009 study by theNorthwestern University Kellogg School of Management puts the figure at as high as $219.1 billion. . . ."
So when you hear Obama talk about controlling college costs, remember his home state (controlled and mismanaged by Democrats for years). In Illinois, they are putting public pensions first, above everything, because Democrats, at least Illinois Democrats, don't care about the people, they only care about those who work for the government.
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Home prices continue to drop - turnaround in 2015?...
- Is Newt Gingrich Clueless?
- Only Romney beats Obama in Swing States
- Abolish all Public Pensions and Lower College Tuit...
- Joe Scarborough on Newt Gingrich
- A question Mitt Romney would never ask nor need to...
- The Eurozone's problem in one sentence
- State of the Union and entitlement reform
- Like All Demagogues, Gingrich needs the zeal of a ...
- Newt Gingrich Tax Cheat - Forbes
- Jobs: We don't talk enough about solutions
- Ann Coulter: ‘With Newt Gingrich you throw out the...
- Obama Team Dream: GOP Nominee Newt Gingrich
- GOP: It's starting to look like 1964
- European Banks: Caveat Emptor
- Housing in the US: still on taxpayer life support
- Going from Bad to Worse: Rick Perry Dropping Out; ...
- Random Notes for a January Wednesday
- You think we have a progressive income tax system?...
- Romney at Bain Capital: Impressive
- Eurozone: Portugal's borrowing costs soar
- Eurozone: austerity equals contraction
- The Fed: Clueless
- Aon: US tax system causing move from Chicago
- SOPA and PIPA: take action now
- Daley - no major role in Obama Campaign
- Reason Enough To Not Vote for Obama
- Here's the real election story of the day
- You think the December jobs report is good news?
- Rick Santorum: serial hypocrite and record of betr...
- Everything you need to know about Washington in on...
- NDAA 2012--one more reason to NOT vote for Obama
- The Contagion of Denial
- Iowa: good news for Republicans and Romney
- College Football: Paying the Players is an Issue t...
- Eurozone 2012: Greece, Italy, France
- ▼ January (36)