Ignore the media's hype of tomorrow's New Hampshire primary--here's the real election story of the day:
White House Chief of Staff Daley Resigns - WSJ.com: ". . . Mr. Daley offered his resignation to the president in an Oval Office meeting last Tuesday, and Mr. Obama asked him to take some time to think about it. Mr. Daley informed the president of his final decision to leave the following day, officials said, despite his promise in recent months to stay through the 2012 election. A senior administration official said Mr. Obama "was surprised by Daley's decision." In his resignation letter, Mr. Daley, who recommended Mr. Lew as his successor, praised the president's leadership on a number of issues and said he was honored to be part of the administration. Mr. Daley, of Chicago, didn't detail his reasons for leaving, other than to say, "It is time for me to go back to the city I love." Mr. Daley didn't reply to emails seeking elaboration. . . ."
We know Obama never fires anyone (it's just not his style--no matter how inept, corrupt, incompetent, or lousy a job they are doing), so this decision was Daley's alone--he wanted OUT and NOW. WHY is the unanswered question. Best guess--the Obama White House is a really dysfunctional place and Daley knows it is only going to get worse as the campaign gears up. Rather than stick around and stain his own reputation, he wanted to get off the sinking ship now.
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Home prices continue to drop - turnaround in 2015?
- Is Newt Gingrich Clueless?
- Only Romney beats Obama in Swing States
- Abolish all Public Pensions and Lower College Tuition
- Joe Scarborough on Newt Gingrich
- A question Mitt Romney would never ask nor need to
- The Eurozone's problem in one sentence
- State of the Union and entitlement reform
- Like All Demagogues, Gingrich needs the zeal of a mob
- Newt Gingrich Tax Cheat - Forbes
- Jobs: We don't talk enough about solutions
- Ann Coulter: ‘With Newt Gingrich you throw out the...
- Obama Team Dream: GOP Nominee Newt Gingrich
- GOP: It's starting to look like 1964
- European Banks: Caveat Emptor
- Housing in the US: still on taxpayer life support
- Going from Bad to Worse: Rick Perry Dropping Out; ...
- Random Notes for a January Wednesday
- You think we have a progressive income tax system?
- Romney at Bain Capital: Impressive
- Eurozone: Portugal's borrowing costs soar
- Eurozone: austerity equals contraction
- The Fed: Clueless
- Aon: US tax system causing move from Chicago
- SOPA and PIPA: take action now
- Daley - no major role in Obama Campaign
- Reason Enough To Not Vote for Obama
- Here's the real election story of the day
- You think the December jobs report is good news?
- Rick Santorum: serial hypocrite and record of betr...
- Everything you need to know about Washington in on...
- NDAA 2012--one more reason to NOT vote for Obama
- The Contagion of Denial
- Iowa: good news for Republicans and Romney
- College Football: Paying the Players is an Issue t...
- Eurozone 2012: Greece, Italy, France
- ▼ January (36)