The New Normal is about accepting reality--and moving on. The fact is housing is not coming back soon so we need to quit basing national policy on an outdated concept. We (as a society) want people mobile, able to move to change jobs, take advantage of better opportunities and not be weighed down by debt and illiquid assets (like housing) that have very little chance of appreciating.
Maybe no housing rebound for a generation: Shiller - Chicago Tribune: "April 24, 2012|Reuters
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Housing market is likely to remain weak and may take a generation or more to rebound, Yale economics professor Robert Shiller told Reuters Insider on Tuesday.
Shiller, the co-creator of the Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller home price index, said a weak labor market, high gas prices and a general sense of unease among consumers was outweighing low mortgage rates and would likely keep a lid on prices for the foreseeable future. . . ."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Monday, May 7, 2012
You can forget about housing coming back soon
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- We Can't Afford War No More
- Chen Guangcheng was not an exceptional case
- Greece: “The situation is getting out of hand”
- An Exit Strategy for Greece et al
- The Truth About Private Equity
- The Next Pension Crisis
- Obama's Problem In A Nutshell
- Barney Frank Does Not Want Secret Service at Wedding
- What's wrong with Obama's Bain ad?
- Obama: Losing Women
- Obama: Running a Losing Campaign
- Good News for Android Users
- Obama's in charge - be careful where you fly!
- The Facebook Fad
- No "bot" here
- In JPMorgan Chase Trading Bet - read the fine print
- Greece and the Eurozone: Voting with your Money
- How I Fixed the Tax Code (In Half a Day)--another ...
- The Greek Drachma Cometh--are the Fed and U.S. Tre...
- James Carville: Democrats could lose
- EPA Official On Oil Companies: 'Crucify Them'
- Will Higher Tax Rates Balance the Budget?
- Student Debt--a problem the government created
- More on Obama's "Evolution"
- President Obama Flip-Flops on Gay Marriage
- Google rebuffs FCC -- yeah Google!
- FTC Wastes Taxpayer Funds "Investigating" Google
- You can forget about housing coming back soon
- Real Estate Trend: downsize for hassle-free living
- Enjoy the day by the sea
- Loeb Demands Yahoo Board Fire CEO
- Best time to send email so it will get read
- Scriptkitty Dreams [video]
- Gallup: U.S. Unemployment Rate Up in April to 8.6%
- Obama's dog-eating jokes make crategate a non-issue
- California Student Had To Drink His Own Urine To S...
- The Hard Thing CEOs and Presidents Have To Do
- Dan Rather: Mitt Romney has "a good chance of beco...
- ▼ May (38)