The Obama administration's war on business continues--but Google strikes back--
Google rebuffs FCC over 'Wi-Spy' flap - Tony Romm - POLITICO.com: "Google rejected the FCC's argument that the company obstructed an investigation of the so-called Wi-Spy privacy flap — blaming the FCC in part for the delay — in a stinging rebuke filed with the agency Thursday. At the same time, Google acknowledged for the first time in its formal response to the FCC that the Justice Department had already reviewed the case, and "concluded that it would not pursue a case for violation of the Wiretap Act." Google filed its 17-page response to the FCC on Thursday after the agency concluded it lacked evidence to determine whether the company broke federal anti-wiretapping laws. The inquiry stemmed from a 2010 incident in which Google's cars, dispatched to map neighborhoods, intercepted private emails, Web pages and other documents sent over unencrypted Wi-Fi networks.As part of the FCC's scathing order, issued in early April, the agency accused the company of having "deliberately impeded and delayed" its probe." It slapped Google with a proposed $25,000 fine, which Google noted Thursday it would not appeal. But Google turned the tables and struck back, criticizing the regulatory agency for its conduct in the probe. "Over the course of the 17 months it took the FCC to officially conclude its investigation, the commission did not contact Google for weeks and months at a time," Google wrote in the reply. It described two periods of silence — one gap of 83 days and another gap of 52 days — in which Google never heard from the agency. "It is difficult to reconcile those lengthy delays with the FCC’s criticism of Google’s responses as 'untimely,'" Google argued. The company noted the commission ran against its deadline and received Google's approval to extend the review period by seven months."
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/75659.html#ixzz1tAykAd9r
Just one more reason (you only need one) to vote for Romney instead of Obama!
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- We Can't Afford War No More
- Chen Guangcheng was not an exceptional case
- Greece: “The situation is getting out of hand”
- An Exit Strategy for Greece et al
- The Truth About Private Equity
- The Next Pension Crisis
- Obama's Problem In A Nutshell
- Barney Frank Does Not Want Secret Service at Wedding
- What's wrong with Obama's Bain ad?
- Obama: Losing Women
- Obama: Running a Losing Campaign
- Good News for Android Users
- Obama's in charge - be careful where you fly!
- The Facebook Fad
- No "bot" here
- In JPMorgan Chase Trading Bet - read the fine print
- Greece and the Eurozone: Voting with your Money
- How I Fixed the Tax Code (In Half a Day)--another ...
- The Greek Drachma Cometh--are the Fed and U.S. Tre...
- James Carville: Democrats could lose
- EPA Official On Oil Companies: 'Crucify Them'
- Will Higher Tax Rates Balance the Budget?
- Student Debt--a problem the government created
- More on Obama's "Evolution"
- President Obama Flip-Flops on Gay Marriage
- Google rebuffs FCC -- yeah Google!
- FTC Wastes Taxpayer Funds "Investigating" Google
- You can forget about housing coming back soon
- Real Estate Trend: downsize for hassle-free living
- Enjoy the day by the sea
- Loeb Demands Yahoo Board Fire CEO
- Best time to send email so it will get read
- Scriptkitty Dreams [video]
- Gallup: U.S. Unemployment Rate Up in April to 8.6%
- Obama's dog-eating jokes make crategate a non-issue
- California Student Had To Drink His Own Urine To S...
- The Hard Thing CEOs and Presidents Have To Do
- Dan Rather: Mitt Romney has "a good chance of beco...
- ▼ May (38)