It's not often I come across an article with great insight, and yet is succinct-- I excerpt such an article below by Debra Saunders. It explains what Obama's problem really is and unfortunately, for him and the Democrats, the problem is systemic--not just policy and politics--but his entire worldview:
RealClearPolitics - Obama Thinks He's the Fairness Czar: "Cory Booker, mayor of Newark, N.J., came across as a moderate, sensible Democrat when he said on "Meet the Press" Sunday that negative political ads are "nauseating to the American public. . . . Booker, a Barack Obama surrogate, later tried to walk back his comments. . . . But there is no walking back from Booker's disapproval of the Obama campaign's attacks on Bain Capital . . . In the ad, laid-off steelworkers had some choice words for Romney. Like "vampire" and "job destroyer." The problem with such ads, Booker said Sunday, is that "we're getting to a ridiculous point in America." Pension funds, unions and others invest in companies like Bain Capital. Bain's record has been to grow businesses. To Booker, Bain Capital has been good for America. To Obamaland, Bain Capital has been bad for America. As a mayor, Booker said, he, too, has had to lay off workers "because it's the only way" his "government would survive." He added, "Call me a job cutter if you want." . . . Monday, a reporter asked Obama about Booker's remarks and the role of private equity. The president explained that the goal of private investment is to "maximize profits," whereas a president's job is to make sure that everyone has "a fair shot" and that everyone pays his or her "fair share" of taxes. That's the problem with Obama; he thinks he's the fairness czar. He didn't say that a president is supposed to create an environment that nurtures business success. . . . Obama's war is a war on private money. He thinks his job is to create job training programs, not create an environment that creates real jobs."
The FOCUS (whether Obama knows it or not) needs to be on economic "growth" not "jobs"--real jobs in the non-government sector are the RESULT of GROWTH. This is what Obama doesn't get. Anyone in government can just create "government jobs" by spending money (of course government today has already spent all its money, hence deficit spending). To create REAL JOBS--jobs sustainable in the private economy--government can only create an "environment" which encourages growth. Unfortunately, Obama hasn't a clue how to do that.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- We Can't Afford War No More
- Chen Guangcheng was not an exceptional case
- Greece: “The situation is getting out of hand”
- An Exit Strategy for Greece et al
- The Truth About Private Equity
- The Next Pension Crisis
- Obama's Problem In A Nutshell
- Barney Frank Does Not Want Secret Service at Wedding
- What's wrong with Obama's Bain ad?
- Obama: Losing Women
- Obama: Running a Losing Campaign
- Good News for Android Users
- Obama's in charge - be careful where you fly!
- The Facebook Fad
- No "bot" here
- In JPMorgan Chase Trading Bet - read the fine print
- Greece and the Eurozone: Voting with your Money
- How I Fixed the Tax Code (In Half a Day)--another ...
- The Greek Drachma Cometh--are the Fed and U.S. Tre...
- James Carville: Democrats could lose
- EPA Official On Oil Companies: 'Crucify Them'
- Will Higher Tax Rates Balance the Budget?
- Student Debt--a problem the government created
- More on Obama's "Evolution"
- President Obama Flip-Flops on Gay Marriage
- Google rebuffs FCC -- yeah Google!
- FTC Wastes Taxpayer Funds "Investigating" Google
- You can forget about housing coming back soon
- Real Estate Trend: downsize for hassle-free living
- Enjoy the day by the sea
- Loeb Demands Yahoo Board Fire CEO
- Best time to send email so it will get read
- Scriptkitty Dreams [video]
- Gallup: U.S. Unemployment Rate Up in April to 8.6%
- Obama's dog-eating jokes make crategate a non-issue
- California Student Had To Drink His Own Urine To S...
- The Hard Thing CEOs and Presidents Have To Do
- Dan Rather: Mitt Romney has "a good chance of beco...
- ▼ May (38)