I know what you are thinking -- "if you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan" -- the problem is that Obama LIE was repeated multiple times from 2009 through last year, so it is technically disqualified. Here's the BIGGEST Obama Lie of 2013 --
President Obama claims the NSA has never abused its authority. That's false | Trevor Timm | theguardian.com: "The facts that we know so far – from FISA court documents to LOVEINT – show that the NSA has overstepped its powers - Time and again since the world learned the extent of what the NSA was doing, government officials have defended the controversial mass surveillance programs by falling back on one talking point: the NSA programs may be all-powerful, but they have never been abused. President Obama continually evokes the phase when defending the NSAin public. In his end-of-year press conference, he reiterated, "There continues not to be evidence that the [metadata surveillance] program had been abused". Former NSA chief Michael Hayden says this almost weekly, and former CIA deputy director and NSA review panel member Mike Morrell said it again just before Christmas. This mantra is likely to be repeated often in 2014 as Obama is set to address the nation on government surveillance, and Congress and the president debate whether any reforms are necessary.
There's only one problem: it's not true.
We don't have to look further than the Fisa court opinions that have been released in the past few months (thanks to Freedom of Information Act lawsuits by Electronic Frontier Foundation and American Civil Liberties Union). One of the opinions from 2009 deals directly with the phone metadata surveillance program that has caused so much controversy – the same program a Washington DC district court recently ruled is likely unconstitutional . . ." (read more at the link above)
Memo to Obama: if you have to lie to justify a government program, you have a problem. It remains to be seen in 2014 what Obama does to fix his NSA problem. And his lying problem? Probably beyond hope of fixing.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Sunday, January 5, 2014
President Obama's BIGGEST Lie in 2013
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- Abby Martin Censored, Wikipedia, Editing Truth, Mo...
- My Take on Obama's State of the Union and the GOP ...
- First Amendment protection for bloggers
- State of the Union Address? Nobody is Going to Wat...
- FTC punishment against Apple 'has no foundation'
- Market Realizing Central Bank Policies Can't Go On...
- Davos wrap-up: Orgy of Out of Touch Billionaires (...
- Martin Sorrell, Money Shouldn't Be Your Objective ...
- Who Killed Net Neutrality? Obama and his FCC appoi...
- The Bad Way to Reduce Unemployment, Labor Particip...
- Congress, Bridgegate, TPP Fast Track
- The Biggest Overlooked Trend of 2013
- The Fed, QE, Forecasts
- Google+, Identity, Hysteria
- Obama's best speech ever because of Snowden's NSA ...
- How Many Apps Do You Need?
- Informed, Misinformed, Depends on What You Read
- al-Qaeda has a new poster boy
- Productivity, Technology, Economic Growth
- Google, NASA, Quantum Artificial Intelligence Lab ...
- Obama and His Sickening Double Standard Justice
- Bitcoin, High-Tech Poseur
- Thanks to the Fed, Without Bubbles There Is No Eco...
- The Obama Era, Democrats, Drones National Security...
- My Next Computer? A Chromebook
- Rich States, Poor States, It Makes a Difference Wh...
- Bitcoin, medium of exchange yes, but not a reasona...
- President Obama's BIGGEST Lie in 2013
- Glenn Greenwald Keynote on 30c3 (video)
- NSA Analyst: "We Could Have Prevented 9/11"
- The Snowden Effect
- Peter Schweizer talks about his book, Extortion: H...
- ▼ January (32)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)