Ninth Circuit extends First Amendment protection to bloggers | Broedlow Lewis LLP - JDSupra: "... The Ninth Circuit found that attempts to distinguish between bloggers and traditional media outlets for purposes of defamation liability were “unworkable”: In defamation cases, the public-figure status of a plaintiff and the public importance of the statement at issue—not the identity of the speaker—provide the First Amendment touchstones This case represents an important expansion of protection for persons who use the internet to communicate, report news and express opinions. Defamation liability will not be imposed absent some showing of intent and actual damages, the same legal standards governing defamation actions against traditional journalists... "
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- Abby Martin Censored, Wikipedia, Editing Truth, Mo...
- My Take on Obama's State of the Union and the GOP ...
- First Amendment protection for bloggers
- State of the Union Address? Nobody is Going to Wat...
- FTC punishment against Apple 'has no foundation'
- Market Realizing Central Bank Policies Can't Go On...
- Davos wrap-up: Orgy of Out of Touch Billionaires (...
- Martin Sorrell, Money Shouldn't Be Your Objective ...
- Who Killed Net Neutrality? Obama and his FCC appoi...
- The Bad Way to Reduce Unemployment, Labor Particip...
- Congress, Bridgegate, TPP Fast Track
- The Biggest Overlooked Trend of 2013
- The Fed, QE, Forecasts
- Google+, Identity, Hysteria
- Obama's best speech ever because of Snowden's NSA ...
- How Many Apps Do You Need?
- Informed, Misinformed, Depends on What You Read
- al-Qaeda has a new poster boy
- Productivity, Technology, Economic Growth
- Google, NASA, Quantum Artificial Intelligence Lab ...
- Obama and His Sickening Double Standard Justice
- Bitcoin, High-Tech Poseur
- Thanks to the Fed, Without Bubbles There Is No Eco...
- The Obama Era, Democrats, Drones National Security...
- My Next Computer? A Chromebook
- Rich States, Poor States, It Makes a Difference Wh...
- Bitcoin, medium of exchange yes, but not a reasona...
- President Obama's BIGGEST Lie in 2013
- Glenn Greenwald Keynote on 30c3 (video)
- NSA Analyst: "We Could Have Prevented 9/11"
- The Snowden Effect
- Peter Schweizer talks about his book, Extortion: H...
- ▼ January (32)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)