Barry Ritholtz in Bloomberg has a great post on the accomplishments of bloggers (excerpt below) which is great reading --
What the Heroes of Blogging Have Accomplished - Bloomberg: "1. Loosened the grip of traditional players on information and news: Go back in time a decade or so, and we all got our financial news from only a handful of sources. The mainstream papers and magazines dutifully reported what companies said, government agencies reported and what markets did. Blogging has added a level of skepticism to the media diet. There is a willingness to call out nonsense that quite bluntly, deserves to be called nonsense. Not that it didn't happen before bloggers were willing to do it -- but it happens much more quickly and with more depth than pre-blogging days. During the run up to the financial crisis, it was not the big press outlets, but rather the blogging community, that most urgently identified housing, sub-prime and derivatives as a huge problem. Much of the MSM -- the blogger acronym for Mainstream Media -- missed it . . ."
In other words, if you want to be informed, you better read the blogs-- MSM will tend to leave you misinformed.
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- Abby Martin Censored, Wikipedia, Editing Truth, Mo...
- My Take on Obama's State of the Union and the GOP ...
- First Amendment protection for bloggers
- State of the Union Address? Nobody is Going to Wat...
- FTC punishment against Apple 'has no foundation'
- Market Realizing Central Bank Policies Can't Go On...
- Davos wrap-up: Orgy of Out of Touch Billionaires (...
- Martin Sorrell, Money Shouldn't Be Your Objective ...
- Who Killed Net Neutrality? Obama and his FCC appoi...
- The Bad Way to Reduce Unemployment, Labor Particip...
- Congress, Bridgegate, TPP Fast Track
- The Biggest Overlooked Trend of 2013
- The Fed, QE, Forecasts
- Google+, Identity, Hysteria
- Obama's best speech ever because of Snowden's NSA ...
- How Many Apps Do You Need?
- Informed, Misinformed, Depends on What You Read
- al-Qaeda has a new poster boy
- Productivity, Technology, Economic Growth
- Google, NASA, Quantum Artificial Intelligence Lab ...
- Obama and His Sickening Double Standard Justice
- Bitcoin, High-Tech Poseur
- Thanks to the Fed, Without Bubbles There Is No Eco...
- The Obama Era, Democrats, Drones National Security...
- My Next Computer? A Chromebook
- Rich States, Poor States, It Makes a Difference Wh...
- Bitcoin, medium of exchange yes, but not a reasona...
- President Obama's BIGGEST Lie in 2013
- Glenn Greenwald Keynote on 30c3 (video)
- NSA Analyst: "We Could Have Prevented 9/11"
- The Snowden Effect
- Peter Schweizer talks about his book, Extortion: H...
- ▼ January (32)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)