Having bought a new smartphone (Moto X - yes, I love it!) I considered what apps, if any to install. My new smartphone came with all the needed functionality of Google services, and as a result, I have installed no apps. I didn't need to--with responsive design of websites for the mobile web, and continuing progress of HTML5, I've yet to find one application I need to install. I just bookmark the site, and if use frequently, add the bookmark to home screen. Easy, and doesn't waste battery power and other smartphone resources! Now if you are a teenager, it might be a different case --
"For the past five years, we have watched mobile disrupt every industry, in every country, and continue to break its own records year after year," Flurry CEO Simon Khalaf wrote in a blog post. "What is surprising, however, is that the rate of growth (of messaging and social apps) dramatically outpaced other popular categories. This type of growth could explain the high valuation Facebook has allegedly put on SnapChat, or Facebook’s rush to add direct messaging in Instagram, an app frequented by teens." Messaging, social apps drive 115 percent surge in mobile app usage | ZDNet
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- Abby Martin Censored, Wikipedia, Editing Truth, Mo...
- My Take on Obama's State of the Union and the GOP ...
- First Amendment protection for bloggers
- State of the Union Address? Nobody is Going to Wat...
- FTC punishment against Apple 'has no foundation'
- Market Realizing Central Bank Policies Can't Go On...
- Davos wrap-up: Orgy of Out of Touch Billionaires (...
- Martin Sorrell, Money Shouldn't Be Your Objective ...
- Who Killed Net Neutrality? Obama and his FCC appoi...
- The Bad Way to Reduce Unemployment, Labor Particip...
- Congress, Bridgegate, TPP Fast Track
- The Biggest Overlooked Trend of 2013
- The Fed, QE, Forecasts
- Google+, Identity, Hysteria
- Obama's best speech ever because of Snowden's NSA ...
- How Many Apps Do You Need?
- Informed, Misinformed, Depends on What You Read
- al-Qaeda has a new poster boy
- Productivity, Technology, Economic Growth
- Google, NASA, Quantum Artificial Intelligence Lab ...
- Obama and His Sickening Double Standard Justice
- Bitcoin, High-Tech Poseur
- Thanks to the Fed, Without Bubbles There Is No Eco...
- The Obama Era, Democrats, Drones National Security...
- My Next Computer? A Chromebook
- Rich States, Poor States, It Makes a Difference Wh...
- Bitcoin, medium of exchange yes, but not a reasona...
- President Obama's BIGGEST Lie in 2013
- Glenn Greenwald Keynote on 30c3 (video)
- NSA Analyst: "We Could Have Prevented 9/11"
- The Snowden Effect
- Peter Schweizer talks about his book, Extortion: H...
- ▼ January (32)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)