The Obama administration is now in a panic over the Obamacare mess -- the headlines are hard to miss --
Obamacare Is Falling Apart Before Our Eyes | The Weekly Standard
Obama Repeals ObamaCare - WSJ.com: "... The White House argued at the Supreme Court that the insurance-purchase mandate was not only constitutional but essential to the law's success, while refusing Republican demands to delay or repeal it. But late on Thursday (Dec. 19), with only four days to go before the December enrollment deadline, the Health and Human Services Department decreed that millions of Americans are suddenly exempt (for 2014). Individuals whose health plans were canceled (due to Obamacare) will now automatically qualify for a "hardship exemption" from the mandate. If they can't or don't sign up for a new plan, they don't have to pay the tax. They can also get a special category of ObamaCare insurance designed for people under age 30...."
So what's wrong with this? We now have a law, upheld by the US Supreme Court as a valid tax, mandating everyone buy or be covered by health insurance, but now filled with so many exceptions and exemptions arbitrarily imposed by Obama as to make the whole thing financially unsustainable. You don't think the health insurance companies are going to eat those losses, do you? As a result, prepare for massive increases in health insurance costs for 2015 and beyond. In their panic to appease millions who have lost their health insurance and were lied to by Obama about "if you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance," the Obama administration has now completely undermined the whole program. Obamacare only works financially if you force healthy Americans to buy health insurance they don't want -- in the same "pools" as those who have chronic health conditions. The insurance companies were not consulted before Obama issued these last-minute changes--legislating on the fly!
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Eric Schmidt's 2014 Predictions (video)
- Obama, ObamaCare, Mess Multiplied
- 2014 Prediction: Democrats Lose the Senate
- Charity Scam Alert
- House Prices Boom, Why is this time different?
- Unemployment Rate? 7% or 13%? It Depends
- Merry Christmas!
- Secret Donors, Conflicts of Interest, the Center f...
- Dying with Grace
- China, US, both waste resources, just differently
- Stan Druckenmiller on government spending, Charlli...
- "Americans must never make the mistake of wholly '...
- Mark Carney on economic recovery, Charlie Rose vid...
- Is Congressman Mike Rogers a Liar?
- John Hagel: Move to the City, Learn Faster (video)...
- Liberal Progressives Take Over New York City, Time...
- Federal Reserve Creates a Bust to Bubble Economy
- First Secret Courts, Now the Secret Federal Reserv...
- Microsoft in Decline
- New York City mayor-elect faces immediate fiscal c...
- Well Run Organizations vs Obama Administration, He...
- Michelle Obama, First Lady
- Memo to Marissa: Katie Couric, Old Media will NEVE...
- ICANN, like NSA, a self-serving bureaucracy killin...
- Maybe Microsoft is Starting to "Get It"
- NSA and its "Golden Age of Sigint" crushed by Snow...
- US Military Spending Grossly Excessive (video)
- Why Care About the NSA? (video)
- The Ineffectiveness of NSA Programs
- How Obama's Willful Ignorance Sunk His Presidency
- ▼ December (30)
- ► 2012 (423)