It's always a good thing when arrogant pricks like the NSA get their comeuppance --
N.S.A. Report Outlined Goals for More Power - NYTimes.com: "...Using sweeping language, the paper also outlined some of the agency’s other ambitions. They included defeating the cybersecurity practices of adversaries [that probably includes ordinary Americans] in order to acquire the data the agency needs from “anyone, anytime, anywhere.” The agency also said it would try to decrypt or bypass codes that keep communications secret by influencing “the global commercial encryption market through commercial relationships,” human spies and intelligence partners in other countries. It also talked of the need to “revolutionize” analysis of its vast collections of data to “radically increase operational impact."..."
The strategy document, provided by the former N.S.A. contractor Edward J. Snowden, was written at a time when the agency was at the peak of its powers and the scope of its surveillance operations was still secret. Since then, Mr. Snowden’s revelations have changed the political landscape."
In other words, the big, bad NSA with its grand schemes and plans, billions of taxpayer funds to just throw away on useless projects, and free to do as it pleased by a clueless President, rubber-stamp secret Court, and dysfunctional Congress, was stopped by just one David -- thank you Mr. Snowden!
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Eric Schmidt's 2014 Predictions (video)
- Obama, ObamaCare, Mess Multiplied
- 2014 Prediction: Democrats Lose the Senate
- Charity Scam Alert
- House Prices Boom, Why is this time different?
- Unemployment Rate? 7% or 13%? It Depends
- Merry Christmas!
- Secret Donors, Conflicts of Interest, the Center f...
- Dying with Grace
- China, US, both waste resources, just differently
- Stan Druckenmiller on government spending, Charlli...
- "Americans must never make the mistake of wholly '...
- Mark Carney on economic recovery, Charlie Rose vid...
- Is Congressman Mike Rogers a Liar?
- John Hagel: Move to the City, Learn Faster (video)...
- Liberal Progressives Take Over New York City, Time...
- Federal Reserve Creates a Bust to Bubble Economy
- First Secret Courts, Now the Secret Federal Reserv...
- Microsoft in Decline
- New York City mayor-elect faces immediate fiscal c...
- Well Run Organizations vs Obama Administration, He...
- Michelle Obama, First Lady
- Memo to Marissa: Katie Couric, Old Media will NEVE...
- ICANN, like NSA, a self-serving bureaucracy killin...
- Maybe Microsoft is Starting to "Get It"
- NSA and its "Golden Age of Sigint" crushed by Snow...
- US Military Spending Grossly Excessive (video)
- Why Care About the NSA? (video)
- The Ineffectiveness of NSA Programs
- How Obama's Willful Ignorance Sunk His Presidency
- ▼ December (30)
- ► 2012 (423)