The whole problem with the Federal Reserve is that the mistake of the double mandate requires them to try to achieve a full employment economy. Unfortunately, that means creating a "bubble economy" because "full employment" only occurs in a "bubble economy" in the modern world as created by central bankers and governments around the world -- and what's the inevitable fallout? --
Nouriel Roubini warns that policymmakers are powerless to rein in frothy housing markets around the world. - Project Syndicate: "....In countries where non-recourse loans allow borrowers to walk away from a mortgage when its value exceeds that of their home, the housing bust may lead to massive defaults and banking crises. In countries (for example, Sweden) where recourse loans allow seizure of household income to enforce payment of mortgage obligations, private consumption may plummet as debt payments (and eventually rising interest rates) crowd out discretionary spending. Either way, the result would be the same: recession and stagnation. What we are witnessing in many countries looks like a slow-motion replay of the last housing-market train wreck. And, like last time, the bigger the bubbles become, the nastier the collision with reality will be."
Remedy: repeal the double mandate; have the Federal Reserve focus solely on a sound currency and banking system. Unemployment is an issue of fiscal policy (President and Congress) not monetary policy (Federal Reserve).
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Eric Schmidt's 2014 Predictions (video)
- Obama, ObamaCare, Mess Multiplied
- 2014 Prediction: Democrats Lose the Senate
- Charity Scam Alert
- House Prices Boom, Why is this time different?
- Unemployment Rate? 7% or 13%? It Depends
- Merry Christmas!
- Secret Donors, Conflicts of Interest, the Center f...
- Dying with Grace
- China, US, both waste resources, just differently
- Stan Druckenmiller on government spending, Charlli...
- "Americans must never make the mistake of wholly '...
- Mark Carney on economic recovery, Charlie Rose video
- Is Congressman Mike Rogers a Liar?
- John Hagel: Move to the City, Learn Faster (video)
- Liberal Progressives Take Over New York City, Time...
- Federal Reserve Creates a Bust to Bubble Economy
- First Secret Courts, Now the Secret Federal Reserv...
- Microsoft in Decline
- New York City mayor-elect faces immediate fiscal c...
- Well Run Organizations vs Obama Administration, He...
- Michelle Obama, First Lady
- Memo to Marissa: Katie Couric, Old Media will NEVE...
- ICANN, like NSA, a self-serving bureaucracy killin...
- Maybe Microsoft is Starting to "Get It"
- NSA and its "Golden Age of Sigint" crushed by Snowden
- US Military Spending Grossly Excessive (video)
- Why Care About the NSA? (video)
- The Ineffectiveness of NSA Programs
- How Obama's Willful Ignorance Sunk His Presidency
- ▼ December (30)
- ► 2012 (423)