Yes Microsoft is still profitable -- but for how long? BlackBerry was profitable until everyone realized that the iPhone wasn't some fluke --
Microsoft Corporation (MSFT): The Microsoft Future - Seeking Alpha: "The problem that Microsoft faces is that its market share has been declining over the past five or six years. Around 2008, Microsoft had a 90 percent market share for Global Computing Platforms and a 90 percent market share of Personal Computing Devices Shipped. Microsoft is losing market share. In terms of Global Computing Platforms, Android now has the biggest market share at 60 percent of the market. In 2008, Android had nothing! Microsoft is still ahead of Apple who has just 14 percent of the market. In 2008 Apple has about 6 percent."
The irony is that Microsoft has trashed the one market it had a lock on -- desktop and notebook PCs -- by forcing users to adopt Win8.x, an OS optimized for touchscreen tablets!
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Eric Schmidt's 2014 Predictions (video)
- Obama, ObamaCare, Mess Multiplied
- 2014 Prediction: Democrats Lose the Senate
- Charity Scam Alert
- House Prices Boom, Why is this time different?
- Unemployment Rate? 7% or 13%? It Depends
- Merry Christmas!
- Secret Donors, Conflicts of Interest, the Center f...
- Dying with Grace
- China, US, both waste resources, just differently
- Stan Druckenmiller on government spending, Charlli...
- "Americans must never make the mistake of wholly '...
- Mark Carney on economic recovery, Charlie Rose vid...
- Is Congressman Mike Rogers a Liar?
- John Hagel: Move to the City, Learn Faster (video)...
- Liberal Progressives Take Over New York City, Time...
- Federal Reserve Creates a Bust to Bubble Economy
- First Secret Courts, Now the Secret Federal Reserv...
- Microsoft in Decline
- New York City mayor-elect faces immediate fiscal c...
- Well Run Organizations vs Obama Administration, He...
- Michelle Obama, First Lady
- Memo to Marissa: Katie Couric, Old Media will NEVE...
- ICANN, like NSA, a self-serving bureaucracy killin...
- Maybe Microsoft is Starting to "Get It"
- NSA and its "Golden Age of Sigint" crushed by Snow...
- US Military Spending Grossly Excessive (video)
- Why Care About the NSA? (video)
- The Ineffectiveness of NSA Programs
- How Obama's Willful Ignorance Sunk His Presidency
- ▼ December (30)
- ► 2012 (423)