After years on the sidelines, New York's liberals retaking control," by Reuters' Victoria Cavaliere : "With Bill de Blasio taking office as mayor in January, New York City appears poised for a resurgence of liberal policies. After 20 years of Republican leadership, not only will America's largest city have the most liberal mayor in a generation, helping him implement change will be a progressive-leaning City Council and a longtime liberal ally in the new public advocate. ... [T]he last election marked a major change in New York City politics, with a new breed of highly liberal politicians ready to enact a series of progressive policies that would have been dead on arrival under Bloomberg or his predecessor Giuliani. (from Reuters via Mike Allen at Politico)
Douglas Muzzio, an expert on New York City politics and a professor at Baruch College at the City University of New York. ‘People projected their frustration, their anxiety, their expectations, their dreams on Bill. In that sense it wasn't dissimilar from the 2008 election of Obama.’ …(source supra)
Time to get out of New York City (if you haven't left already). And don't just take my word for it, here is (one of his many posts on the subject) Andrew Sullivan. What I like particularly about the progessive liberal takeover of New York City, is that the whole nation can watch, from afar, the disastrous results of progressive liberal policies as they occur over the next few years. I expect the so-called mainstream media will at first exist in a state of denial about the disaster taking place in front of their eyes. But eventually, the results will be too painful for even them to ignore. How long will it take?
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Eric Schmidt's 2014 Predictions (video)
- Obama, ObamaCare, Mess Multiplied
- 2014 Prediction: Democrats Lose the Senate
- Charity Scam Alert
- House Prices Boom, Why is this time different?
- Unemployment Rate? 7% or 13%? It Depends
- Merry Christmas!
- Secret Donors, Conflicts of Interest, the Center f...
- Dying with Grace
- China, US, both waste resources, just differently
- Stan Druckenmiller on government spending, Charlli...
- "Americans must never make the mistake of wholly '...
- Mark Carney on economic recovery, Charlie Rose video
- Is Congressman Mike Rogers a Liar?
- John Hagel: Move to the City, Learn Faster (video)
- Liberal Progressives Take Over New York City, Time...
- Federal Reserve Creates a Bust to Bubble Economy
- First Secret Courts, Now the Secret Federal Reserv...
- Microsoft in Decline
- New York City mayor-elect faces immediate fiscal c...
- Well Run Organizations vs Obama Administration, He...
- Michelle Obama, First Lady
- Memo to Marissa: Katie Couric, Old Media will NEVE...
- ICANN, like NSA, a self-serving bureaucracy killin...
- Maybe Microsoft is Starting to "Get It"
- NSA and its "Golden Age of Sigint" crushed by Snowden
- US Military Spending Grossly Excessive (video)
- Why Care About the NSA? (video)
- The Ineffectiveness of NSA Programs
- How Obama's Willful Ignorance Sunk His Presidency
- ▼ December (30)
- ► 2012 (423)