Marissa Mayer has just made her first major mistake, throwing away countless millions of Yahoo's limited assets on Katie Couric --
Leaving ABC News, Couric Describes Move to Yahoo as ‘Being of the Moment’ -- Katie Couric said that her decision to join Yahoo as its “global news anchor” came after the new chief executive, Marissa Mayer, reached out to her....
This is laughable. Katie Couric, as Leo Laporte and others have noted, is a has-been. Old media will never save nor help Yahoo to get to where it needs to go. What was Marissa thinking? I am afraid she acted way outside her competence zone on this one. It was truly, a move of the moment, because whatever flash it brought will soon quickly die out. Marissa would have been wiser to spend all the money she is throwing away on Couric, on bright, talented engineers and programmers.
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Eric Schmidt's 2014 Predictions (video)
- Obama, ObamaCare, Mess Multiplied
- 2014 Prediction: Democrats Lose the Senate
- Charity Scam Alert
- House Prices Boom, Why is this time different?
- Unemployment Rate? 7% or 13%? It Depends
- Merry Christmas!
- Secret Donors, Conflicts of Interest, the Center f...
- Dying with Grace
- China, US, both waste resources, just differently
- Stan Druckenmiller on government spending, Charlli...
- "Americans must never make the mistake of wholly '...
- Mark Carney on economic recovery, Charlie Rose vid...
- Is Congressman Mike Rogers a Liar?
- John Hagel: Move to the City, Learn Faster (video)...
- Liberal Progressives Take Over New York City, Time...
- Federal Reserve Creates a Bust to Bubble Economy
- First Secret Courts, Now the Secret Federal Reserv...
- Microsoft in Decline
- New York City mayor-elect faces immediate fiscal c...
- Well Run Organizations vs Obama Administration, He...
- Michelle Obama, First Lady
- Memo to Marissa: Katie Couric, Old Media will NEVE...
- ICANN, like NSA, a self-serving bureaucracy killin...
- Maybe Microsoft is Starting to "Get It"
- NSA and its "Golden Age of Sigint" crushed by Snow...
- US Military Spending Grossly Excessive (video)
- Why Care About the NSA? (video)
- The Ineffectiveness of NSA Programs
- How Obama's Willful Ignorance Sunk His Presidency
- ▼ December (30)
- ► 2012 (423)