No Morsel Too Minuscule for All-Consuming N.S.A. - NYTimes.com: "But the documents released by Mr. Snowden sometimes also seem to underscore the limits of what even the most intensive intelligence collection can achieve by itself. Blanket N.S.A. eavesdropping in Afghanistan, described in the documents as covering government offices and the hide-outs of second-tier Taliban militants alike, has failed to produce a clear victory against a low-tech enemy. The agency kept track as Syria amassed its arsenal of chemical weapons — but that knowledge did nothing to prevent the gruesome slaughter outside Damascus in August." (read more at link above)
It is obvious the NSA has been a loose cannon for years, lacks management and direction from the Office of President (he admits being clueless), and so-called Congressional oversight is a joke. Prescription:
- scrap the secret FISA Court;
- completely change the leadership and direction at the NSA;
- repeal the so-called Patriot Act, and start over;
- pardon Edward Snowden, fire Attorney General Holder and find a replacement who has some common sense and respects the US Constitution, values whistleblowers, and understands the First Amendment guarantees of free speech and a free press;
- Cut the NSA budget to 20% of its present amount -- you'll get much better performance and intelligence.
Now, there's some real hope and change!
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole