Don't look now, but the Federal Reserve is giving us another bubble--
Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Inflation Targeting Revisited; Three Major Fed-Sponsored Bubbles; Who Benefits From Inflation?: "At some point however, asset bubbles do form and that's where big problems start. The Fed has sponsored three major bubbles in recent history. . . .
2000 DotCom Bubble
2005 Housing and Credit Bubble
2012 Stock Market Bubble
In the wake of the dot-com bust, the Fed (via loose monetary policy) sponsored a housing and credit bubble that caused the global financial crisis. The Fed did not see the housing bubble partially because prices are not in the CPI, but primarily because Bernanke and Greenspan have the common sense of a rock. . . . Income Skew - I explained why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer in Top 1% Received 121% of Income Gains During the Recovery, Bottom 99% Lose .4%; How, Why, Solutions
In response to that article a Reader Asked Me to Prove "Inflation Benefits the Wealthy" (At the Expense of Everyone Else) . . . ."
Read more at http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2013/03/inflation-targeting-revisited-three.html#5Fhx9Lz9jMh0oGFR.99 "
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Government owns the Housing disaster (video)
- The truth about Iraq
- Sailing with Albert Einstein
- QE Sedative
- Self-Inflicted Damage Of The Google Brand
- Why Don't Corporations Pay Taxes Like The Rest of ...
- Missing Chinese Tycoon
- FBI Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Request (video)
- Gangsterville Chicago
- Google's First Really Dumb Decision
- Jeremy Grantham on the global economy
- The Fed has created a new bubble
- Why the unemployment rate is misleading
- Lessons for the Obama administration: Doing More W...
- Federal Judge Finds Obama Administration "National...
- White House silent on Dow record high
- Orwellian Washington Speak - the "Good" Job Number...
- Obamacare causing the loss of full-time jobs
- The Obama Legacy so far, is a Nightmare
- Obama and his administration are lying about effec...
- ICANN has breached its duties to maintain an open,...
- Why the Pension Gap Is Soaring
- SEC snoozed on Money Funds, now it's a sore loser
- The Obama Sequester Revelation
- New Simpson-Bowles plan
- Our Debt, Ourselves, and the Future
- Incomes Flat in Recovery, but Not for the 1%
- Obama's Dream World of Unlimited Government Spendi...
- Google Helped Honor FTC Chairman During Agency Inq...
- Sequestration Is Much Ado About Nothing (video)
- Obama Is Playing a Loser's Game
- What government can and cannot do
- ▼ March (32)
- ► 2012 (423)