Chicago today looks worse than Detroit ever did--
Gangsterville - NR / Digital Articles - National Review Online: " . . . the mayor’s latest promises did not impress 17-year-old Jordyn Willis, who organized a march in Miss Pendleton’s memory. “He can’t control his city,” Miss Willis told the Chicago Tribune. It’s not clear that anybody can. Chicago has had three police superintendents since 2007. Current superintendent Garry McCarthy, formerly the head of the Newark police, has instituted the data-driven CompStat system first developed by the NYPD. But in a city in which 15-year-olds are running criminal enterprises and shooting each other over the slightest of slights, it’s not clear that even the best policing practices will be sufficient. . . . Things have been worse in the past, but there is a sense that Chicago is moving in the wrong direction. New York City had nearly 2,000 murders in 1974, and more than 2,000 the year before. But those numbers are unthinkable today: New York City finally got control of itself, which is a big part of the reason why Rudy Giuliani, a thrice-married recreationally cross-dressing pro-choice big-city liberal, was taken seriously as a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination. Rahm Emanuel would need a miracle worthy of his surname to follow a similar path, to get Freckles to give up commerce and to get Mr. Butt to regard him as something other than a municipal joke. Chicago may have torn down the projects, but building the city is a different thing altogether. . . ."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Government owns the Housing disaster (video)
- The truth about Iraq
- Sailing with Albert Einstein
- QE Sedative
- Self-Inflicted Damage Of The Google Brand
- Why Don't Corporations Pay Taxes Like The Rest of Us?
- Missing Chinese Tycoon
- FBI Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Request (video)
- Gangsterville Chicago
- Google's First Really Dumb Decision
- Jeremy Grantham on the global economy
- The Fed has created a new bubble
- Why the unemployment rate is misleading
- Lessons for the Obama administration: Doing More W...
- Federal Judge Finds Obama Administration "National...
- White House silent on Dow record high
- Orwellian Washington Speak - the "Good" Job Numbers
- Obamacare causing the loss of full-time jobs
- The Obama Legacy so far, is a Nightmare
- Obama and his administration are lying about effec...
- ICANN has breached its duties to maintain an open,...
- Why the Pension Gap Is Soaring
- SEC snoozed on Money Funds, now it's a sore loser
- The Obama Sequester Revelation
- New Simpson-Bowles plan
- Our Debt, Ourselves, and the Future
- Incomes Flat in Recovery, but Not for the 1%
- Obama's Dream World of Unlimited Government Spendi...
- Google Helped Honor FTC Chairman During Agency Inq...
- Sequestration Is Much Ado About Nothing (video)
- Obama Is Playing a Loser's Game
- What government can and cannot do
- ▼ March (32)
- ► 2012 (423)