Noted for Your Afternoon Procrastination for April 23, 2014 - **Over at [Equitable Growth](http://EquitableGrowth.org)--[The Equitablog](http://equitablegrowth.org/blog)** * Washington Center for Equitable Growth | Pike...
Sunday, March 24, 2013
FBI Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Request (video)
Robert Mueller testified on the fiscal year 2014 budget request for the Federal Bureau of Investigation and provided details on the effects of sequestration on his agency. Topics included terrorist and cyber threats against the U.S.,the FBI’s involvement in gun background checks, the arrest of Osama Ben laden’s son-in-law, and DNA testing. “Sequestration,” a legal procedure in which every federal agency has the same percentage of its budget taken back in order to cut deficit spending, was agreed to in the Budget Control Act of 2011 and began March 1, 2013.
Everybody crying the blues over "sequestration" -- there's so much bloat and waste in Homeland Security and related agencies (TSA, FBI, CIA, etc.) that it's amazing any of these bureaucrats have the gall to whine and complain about a small amount of fiscal restraint!
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
Thursday: Unemployment Claims, Durable Goods, Kansas City Mfg Survey - Nick Timiraos at the WSJ has some excerpts from a research note by Goldman Sachs economists: Why Credit Is Key for the Housing Recovery The Goldman econom...
Commentary: Why Congress Should Empower the IRS to Certify Tax Preparers: The Debate Continues - The libertarian Institute for Justice’s Dan Alban recently testified before the Senate Finance Committee that Congress should not grant the IRS the authori...
Video: Piketty, Krugman, Stiglitz, and Durlauf on 'Capital in the Twenty-First Century' - "The French economist Thomas Piketty discussed his new book, Capital in the Twenty-First Century at the Graduate Center. In this landmark work, Piketty arg...
Charlie Rose interviews Drew Gilpin Faust, President of Harvard University (video) - Charlie Rose | charlierose.com: Drew Gilpin Faust, President of Harvard University. Air Date 3/26/2014 *more education news below* Follow @eSummaCom ...
Detroit Bankruptcy, Public Pensions, Hogs at the Trough (video) - Cate Long on Detroit Bankruptcy Proceedings - YouTube: " Cate Long discusses the speed of Detroit's municipal bankruptcy proceedings. She talks about the l...
2014 Harken Young 88 National Championship (video) - 2014 Harken Young 88 National Championship from Live Sail Die on Vimeo. Hosted by Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron Olympic sailing silver medallist Hannah...
Pro-Russian Forces Relinquish Seized Building, Ukraine Says - The authorities said “civilian activists” had retaken a City Hall building in the southeast of the country, and that troops had seized a checkpoint near Sl...
- Government owns the Housing disaster (video)
- The truth about Iraq
- Sailing with Albert Einstein
- QE Sedative
- Self-Inflicted Damage Of The Google Brand
- Why Don't Corporations Pay Taxes Like The Rest of ...
- Missing Chinese Tycoon
- FBI Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Request (video)
- Gangsterville Chicago
- Google's First Really Dumb Decision
- Jeremy Grantham on the global economy
- The Fed has created a new bubble
- Why the unemployment rate is misleading
- Lessons for the Obama administration: Doing More W...
- Federal Judge Finds Obama Administration "National...
- White House silent on Dow record high
- Orwellian Washington Speak - the "Good" Job Number...
- Obamacare causing the loss of full-time jobs
- The Obama Legacy so far, is a Nightmare
- Obama and his administration are lying about effec...
- ICANN has breached its duties to maintain an open,...
- Why the Pension Gap Is Soaring
- SEC snoozed on Money Funds, now it's a sore loser
- The Obama Sequester Revelation
- New Simpson-Bowles plan
- Our Debt, Ourselves, and the Future
- Incomes Flat in Recovery, but Not for the 1%
- Obama's Dream World of Unlimited Government Spendi...
- Google Helped Honor FTC Chairman During Agency Inq...
- Sequestration Is Much Ado About Nothing (video)
- Obama Is Playing a Loser's Game
- What government can and cannot do
- ▼ March (32)
- ► 2012 (423)