Sailing the Connecticut Coast with Albert Einstein - South Windsor, CT Patch: "After fleeing the repression of Jews and intellectuals in Hitler's Germany and coming to Princeton in 1933, Einstein often spent the summers at the seashore. He rented a home called the "White House" in Old Lyme during the summer of 1935 and took his 17-foot sailboat named Tinef with him." (read more at the link above)
Some Einstein quotations:
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning."
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
More quotations at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/albert_einstein.html
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Government owns the Housing disaster (video)
- The truth about Iraq
- Sailing with Albert Einstein
- QE Sedative
- Self-Inflicted Damage Of The Google Brand
- Why Don't Corporations Pay Taxes Like The Rest of Us?
- Missing Chinese Tycoon
- FBI Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Request (video)
- Gangsterville Chicago
- Google's First Really Dumb Decision
- Jeremy Grantham on the global economy
- The Fed has created a new bubble
- Why the unemployment rate is misleading
- Lessons for the Obama administration: Doing More W...
- Federal Judge Finds Obama Administration "National...
- White House silent on Dow record high
- Orwellian Washington Speak - the "Good" Job Numbers
- Obamacare causing the loss of full-time jobs
- The Obama Legacy so far, is a Nightmare
- Obama and his administration are lying about effec...
- ICANN has breached its duties to maintain an open,...
- Why the Pension Gap Is Soaring
- SEC snoozed on Money Funds, now it's a sore loser
- The Obama Sequester Revelation
- New Simpson-Bowles plan
- Our Debt, Ourselves, and the Future
- Incomes Flat in Recovery, but Not for the 1%
- Obama's Dream World of Unlimited Government Spendi...
- Google Helped Honor FTC Chairman During Agency Inq...
- Sequestration Is Much Ado About Nothing (video)
- Obama Is Playing a Loser's Game
- What government can and cannot do
- ▼ March (32)
- ► 2012 (423)