This Is Why Digital Media Is Winning - Business Insider: "The four of us were the only news outlets, as far as we saw, to bother going to the courthouse to get the document so our readers would know, as soon as possible, what Kleiner was saying in response to Pao's charges. . . . We didn't see anyone from the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, or the San Francisco Chronicle. No one from CNN or the local broadcast channels. . . . In between running to and from the courthouse on the day the Pao filing came, we also broke stories based on extensive research, public corporation filings, and exclusive tips. You wouldn't get those stories anywhere but on Business Insider. We know that's a major reason why you keep coming back, and we promise to deliver more. At the same time, we quite honorably picked up on stories broken elsewhere and did sharp synthesis and smart analysis from others' reporting. It's not either/or. It's both/and. And it always has been. All that's changed is who's doing it, and who's doing it best. This is why digital media is winning. Because we are doing the work of journalism."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- How's the US Doing?
- Obamacare: when is "not a tax" a tax?
- Steve Jobs Told Obama, 'You're Headed For A One-Te...
- The problem with mainstream media "journalism"
- Why Everyone Should Only Get Their News From The I...
- The Truth about China?
- Parsimony and American Justice
- The Parsimony Principle - How "justice" becomes un...
- What needs to be done
- Law and Order - 15 years for using Skype!
- Paul Krugman at the London School of Economics (vi...
- Microsoft Surface vs Apple iPad: the coming battle
- 5 Tips To Toughen Passwords
- State-sponsored attacks using IE to hijack GMail
- It's all Greek to me! (Sunday Election Results)
- Europeans Dig Themselves Deeper
- BBC - Virtual Reality Trumps Reality!
- Adios Microsoft Unless You Fix This!
- The Wreck at the White House
- Internet as Police State
- The Devil Wears Obama?
- Paul Krugman on Newsnight video
- What Small Business Wants From Washington
- Health care--yes it's a mess (and expensive!)
- Defense--what and how much do we need?
- Education--an easy solution
- Social Security and Pensions--what's the future?
- Government We Can Afford
- Rejection -- a Good Teacher
- "More Government" is NOT the "Answer"
- Mary Meeker: Internet Trends Presentation
- UN to regulate the Internet? A VERY BAD IDEA
- ▼ June (32)