This is a follow-up to my post Government We Can Afford.
Health care? Fiscally unsustainable. It doesn't matter whether you are for or against Obamacare. The bottom line is accelerating health care costs, aging population, unlimited benefits, etc., are all leading to a fiscal disaster.
It's just not working.
What to do? Design a system that is fiscally sustainable, while providing the scope of services we need--fortunately some physicians have been working on an answer--
About PNHP | Physicians for a National Health Program: "Physicians for a National Health Program is a single issue organization advocating a universal, comprehensive single-payer national health program. PNHP has more than 18,000 members and chapters across the United States. Since 1987, we've advocated for reform in the U.S. health care system. We educate physicians and other health professionals about the benefits of a single-payer system--including fewer administrative costs and affording health insurance for the 50 million Americans who have none. Our members and physician activists work toward a single-payer national health program in their communities. PNHP performs ground breaking research on the health crisis and the need for fundamental reform, coordinates speakers and forums, participates in town hall meetings and debates, contributes scholarly articles to peer-reviewed medical journals, and appears regularly on national television and news programs advocating for a single-payer system. PNHP is the only national physician organization in the United States dedicated exclusively to implementing a single-payer national health program."
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- How's the US Doing?
- Obamacare: when is "not a tax" a tax?
- Steve Jobs Told Obama, 'You're Headed For A One-Te...
- The problem with mainstream media "journalism"
- Why Everyone Should Only Get Their News From The I...
- The Truth about China?
- Parsimony and American Justice
- The Parsimony Principle - How "justice" becomes un...
- What needs to be done
- Law and Order - 15 years for using Skype!
- Paul Krugman at the London School of Economics (vi...
- Microsoft Surface vs Apple iPad: the coming battle
- 5 Tips To Toughen Passwords
- State-sponsored attacks using IE to hijack GMail
- It's all Greek to me! (Sunday Election Results)
- Europeans Dig Themselves Deeper
- BBC - Virtual Reality Trumps Reality!
- Adios Microsoft Unless You Fix This!
- The Wreck at the White House
- Internet as Police State
- The Devil Wears Obama?
- Paul Krugman on Newsnight video
- What Small Business Wants From Washington
- Health care--yes it's a mess (and expensive!)
- Defense--what and how much do we need?
- Education--an easy solution
- Social Security and Pensions--what's the future?
- Government We Can Afford
- Rejection -- a Good Teacher
- "More Government" is NOT the "Answer"
- Mary Meeker: Internet Trends Presentation
- UN to regulate the Internet? A VERY BAD IDEA
- ▼ June (32)